Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

6.5 Coaxial Advice

I've got Rainbow SLC 5.25's in the front and I want to replace my factory 6x9's in the back with some 6.5 coaxials that will blend well with the rainbow's. I'd like a set that gets just as loud as the rainbow's. Wattage doesn't matter since I'll be buying an amp to go with the new speakers. Please give me your opinion's on what you think will sound best with my current comps. By the way, I'm not all that concerned about excellent bass response, as I have something else in store for that down the road. Also, if anyone can give me a link to somewhere that sells 6x9 to 6.5 adapters, that'd be great. Thanks

-Marcus

CarAudio.com
    Refs: $LICK CALIFA$ CrazedCat, RoLLaxPhile, Pickler, BassAddictJ, zachzchw, Digital B, 6spdcoupe, pik, NightDrifter05, revrider1, siacarman, HowLowd, TeamPSI, negativezeroz, DUMPED, MurderedOut, Team H&K, Inboost, C32Dood

Alternator: 200A Mean-Green [FOR SALE - $250 shipped] (came off of a 2005 Buick Century)

XanderMoser is offline Poor college student

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: 6.5 Coaxial Advice

Wattage does matter... especially if you're going to amp them. And I would highly suggest building an MDF baffle of your own for the 6x9 -> 6.5 conversion. Less resonance than any aftermarket adaptor you can find out there. As for suggestions, I don't have any because I don't know what the Rainbows sound like at all, sorry. Hope someone else can help you out there.

Closed Thread

User Tag List