Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

what cheap speakers to get to run off alpine h/u

howdy all.

i recently swapped out my stock '02 WRX head unit for an Alpine 9883 receiver. I want to replace the front and rear speakers but dont have much cash. Anything is better than these stock speakers.

If you can recommend anything on the cheap side (ie 100 or under per pair) I would very much appreciate it. Also Crutchfield says that the car has 5 1/4 front and 4 inch rear but people say you can fit in larger (at least in front). If you know whether its possible for 6 1/2 in front and 5 1/4 in back that would be great. Also in front the stock speakers have components with the speaker separate from the tweeter (if i could do comps up front that would fit that would be awesome).

any combo of front+rear for under 200 that would run off the h/u power would be extremely helpful. If you need any other info don't hesistate to ask.

Thanks!

Igno is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: what cheap speakers to get to run off alpine h/u

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-2007-DLS-426...QQcmdZViewItem

they have some focals for 130 a pair shipped 92db sensitivity, the DLS'S ARE 94

o2 SENTRA is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: what cheap speakers to get to run off alpine h/u

The Type "S" Alpine co/ax should do you fine.They can accomodate all of the sizes you stated.They are under $60.00 a pair.Buy your two pairs from On Line(they are listed on our home page) over 99.00 FREE SHIPPING !!!!!!!!!!!I've used them,they go great with Alpine, 6.5" is 50 rms and a 250 watt max.That will help if you decide to amp them later.Alpine's mrp 250-f 4 channel will be great for those.Good Luck!

Closed Thread

User Tag List