Closed Thread

Reload Thread: suggestions for a new rear stage...

rtillaree is offline F***, Strong

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

suggestions for a new rear stage...

blew one of the woofers on the pro 50's with this faulty ppi amp...so i'm going to move to something else, actually wanted to try a different product i think...

i dont always have my sub stage going, so sometimes it's nice to have a filling sound coming from the rear to compliment the blaring front end...

i was looking for something with a crisp low sound, as opposed to real hi and "pingy", i dont need them to be blaring just nice crisp and better on the low side...

i found that with the 50's when i crank the volume (which is pretty much how i always listen to my system) they just got real squeal like and the small amount of bass in the line sounded weak and poppy...this was with multiple different amps, and 2 different mounting positions...

as a replacement amp i was thinking of grabbing the SAX 100.4 or maybe the PX300.4 to push whatever i ended up with...

any suggestions would be appreciated...

CA.COM REFERENCES:
    Bought From:
    flakko, krouchchocolate, djdilliodon, Mountaineer Man, delvryboy, j3bus2k3, THXdts, htownplaya456, rawdogj, xplorerdonon22s, danteBirosel, bgdre12, GateWay, ultimate157, Drich79, IonSQL, kasimo420 (x2)

Sold To:
    Wkbdkid, the_franchise, euro2ned, bryce-man, mike dressure, dbman150, jailhouseracer8, DaBeholder, gammey4, soundblast1, shiipseki, mr Tibbs, the727kid, woc47, bchandler, branden, amedeuce, MustangGT25YRS, fordtough1, 04oilburner, Hellbound Train, Dimon74

Traded With:
    irnotfob, wizkid, alxmlr789, Flipx99, Twistid

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: suggestions for a new rear stage...

bump...

CA.COM REFERENCES:
    Bought From:
    flakko, krouchchocolate, djdilliodon, Mountaineer Man, delvryboy, j3bus2k3, THXdts, htownplaya456, rawdogj, xplorerdonon22s, danteBirosel, bgdre12, GateWay, ultimate157, Drich79, IonSQL, kasimo420 (x2)

Sold To:
    Wkbdkid, the_franchise, euro2ned, bryce-man, mike dressure, dbman150, jailhouseracer8, DaBeholder, gammey4, soundblast1, shiipseki, mr Tibbs, the727kid, woc47, bchandler, branden, amedeuce, MustangGT25YRS, fordtough1, 04oilburner, Hellbound Train, Dimon74

Traded With:

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

anyone have any input on the cdt m6's ?

CA.COM REFERENCES:
    Bought From:

Sold To:

Traded With:

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

no one?

CA.COM REFERENCES:
    Bought From:

Sold To:

Traded With:

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It is more or less taboo to have a rear stage in high end car audio as far as I can tell.

Just try it without them for a while.

I know that in all of my systems rear fill would be a parasite to my electrical system, a waste of an amp + rcas, wiring etc. and a waste of money + time.

If you feel that you are lacking the low end when the sub is not running, maybe you need to add some midbass up front. That would be a better addition to the system that rears.

Hope that helps.

Closed Thread