Closed Thread

Reload Thread: need help pickin speakers

MathMan is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

need help pickin speakers

Ok, here is my problem. I know nothing about speakers. Subs yes, speakers no. I have a pretty serious sub setup and am in need of speakers. Probably about 3 sets of components and some 6x8s or 6x9s. I only have ever had experience with the RF power series 6x8's, so I know about no other brand. I need something that can handle tons of power, yet to get amp, and get loud as hell without blowing. Somethin that will help make the music heard over my subs. Thanks!

99galant is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: need help pickin speakers

why do you need 3 sets of components? What kind of car do you have that has spots for 3 sets? Are you customizing, what kind of power do you have for them? Whats your budget? And what subs do you have?

smd4life is offline NOTHING ABOUT MEADE

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

a sub is a speaker

i find it hard to believe that you know everything about subs yet NOTHING whatsoever about speakers

Quote Originally Posted by thevic24 View Post
    And with this.....I will use this as an excuse to drink another beer....
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ____________________________________________
    Ref's:memphissoul4u, scottiej(x3), bassaddictj, jeepinTN(x2), Blados,lincolnls(slc720052), ssbogger, stuckinok(x2), matrxx dude, BoostedPontiac, fintheman, dbornotdb, mr. tibbs, lakota, iceteebone, WantedIsHere(HypnoticCure), Cahm Rohn, Bring97, Brian Owens, snoopysnooper, sdsport92064, annarbor84, tv559, RetroAudioinc, FJF, 01 S 10, oddiofile, stupify

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Got two 15" FI BTL's, getting one or two more. Have yet to get amps for the speakers, just trying to find some that get louder than hell and sound really good. In process of making custom paneling for the sides of the doors to put in two sets of components on my truck. Putting one set of components in the rear doors. I am making a custom console that will house some larger 6x8 or 6x9 speakers that will hit a little harder, however, if i can find some great components I may switch those for the comp. Budget for speakers alone various depending on everything. Lookin at about a total of 1500 to 2500 bucks for speakers alone. Of course as with everything, if I can get something great for cheaper and save a couple dollars to put elsewhere, then so be it.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

And I know a sub is a speaker, I guess I should have clarified mids and highs. Never claimed to know everything about subs, just know what i need to know and what i like. Old truck I was running more bass than anything, but my 6x8's were ok. I have no exp at all with other brands of components and such. Dont know what brands are really reliable and such.

Hintzyboy is offline Sparks mean its working!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

One good set of 3-ways, properly installed, will be all you'll ever need.

Refs:
    CarAudio.com: SlickRick, CubanAffection, trevor87, BigBirney420, Apollyon, Dinty01, TeamPSI, QtrHorse (x2), 6spdcoupe, Siddle, Smokingachicken, MisterGrubbs, Fast1One, MiniVanMan(x2), Jntar, blackbonnie, tigerf117, kasimo420, blaze383, XaznKewLguyX, SRim23, RidnClean, Team H&K, djvi0lent, jeeper07, turboaudi
    DIYMA: snaimpally
    CA.com Feedback: http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=327860
    Ebay Feedback http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=hintzyboy79

Closed Thread