Closed Thread

Reload Thread: boston pro60 with jl 450/4

antonyku is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

boston pro60 with jl 450/4

i am gonna install the boston with the jl amp. but i am confuse how the boston hook up to the amp. i am looking at the manual, and there is single input, bi wire/bi amp, daisy chain, all connected, those are the way to install the to the amp. which way should i do?

SQChevy is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: boston pro60 with jl 450/4

The best way would probably be front channel on tweeters and rear channel on woofers and get rid of the crossover...then set up your amp to handle th right frequencies. This will give plenty of power to each speaker.

2002 Green Chevy Z-71 Extended Cab pickup with bed cover - VEHICLE IS NO MORE
    Alpine VPA-B222 VehicleHub Pro, DVA-5210, TME-M770S, PXA-H700, KCA-100BT, TUA-T500HD
    Focal Be Tweeters, Be 6.5" Midrange, 21WX 8" Sub, 2x 40A 15" Subwoofer
    Focal 2 FP 1.800, FP 4.75
    2004/2005/2006 USACI World Champion
    2003 World Finalist

TreyE is online now Lets Get Weird

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

he is going to need to keep the crossovers on the bostons....they have the 0db -2db and -4db option on tweeters and also have coaxial/component option on midbass crossover...so you can still send front channel to tweeters and rear channel to midbass or w.e but keep the crossovers

Don't listen to me.

Feedback - http://www.caraudio.com/forums/buyer-seller-feedback/227670-treye.html
    Also more recent feedback on caco.com under same username and eBay as Willy8788 100% feedback.

wvufootball is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I would def bi-amp them. Give each speaker their own channel. That way you have the most control. Unless you go active. Good Luck that JL amp is going to make those comps sound NICE.

My advice to you is attenuate (sp?) the tweeter to -4 from the beginning on the xover. I think the tweeters are a little over powering with it set to 0.

TreyE is online now Lets Get Weird

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wvufootball View Post
    I would def bi-amp them. Give each speaker their own channel. That way you have the most control. Unless you go active. Good Luck that JL amp is going to make those comps sound NICE.

My advice to you is attenuate (sp?) the tweeter to -4 from the beginning on the xover. I think the tweeters are a little over powering with it set to 0.
    i have mine at 0db and love them...powered by a ZX550.2..i guess its all preference so just see which setting you like the most

Don't listen to me.

Feedback - http://www.caraudio.com/forums/buyer-seller-feedback/227670-treye.html
    Also more recent feedback on caco.com under same username and eBay as Willy8788 100% feedback.

Closed Thread