Closed Thread
Results 1 to 12 of 12

Reload Thread: Comps without amp

  1. #1
    captshiznit's Avatar
    captshiznit is offline Member



    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    England
    Posts
    53
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Comps without amp

    Im going to be buying some comp speakers for myself, these ones to be precise

    http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/pro...s_id/3967.html

    My headunit is an alpine 9855R i hope the running these on HU power for a while to come before i might consider purchasing a 2 channel amp.

    Just wondering will these work ok off the HU power? im hoping so cause i really dont want to purchase an amp just yet.

    Thanks for input.







  2. #2
    chucku's Avatar
    chucku is offline Senior VIP Member



    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    new hampshire
    Posts
    408
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

    Re: Comps without amp

    You can run them for awhile, but there rated for 80w and your going to give them 20w. Dont expect much. Try not to crank them, as they can blow if given a distorted signal, even if its only HU power. Those are nice comps, so save up for an 80x2 amp for them so you can enjoy them to there fullest extent.




  3. #3
    captshiznit's Avatar
    captshiznit is offline Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    England
    Posts
    53
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Comps without amp

    Quote Originally Posted by chucku View Post
    You can run them for awhile, but there rated for 80w and your going to give them 20w. Dont expect much. Try not to crank them, as they can blow if given a distorted signal, even if its only HU power. Those are nice comps, so save up for an 80x2 amp for them so you can enjoy them to there fullest extent.
    Yeh any suggestions for 80x2 amps, i do realise i would only be giving them 20w im wondering how loud exactly they would be, otherwise id just wait till even buying the comps and buy an amp at the same time.




  4. #4
    chucku's Avatar
    chucku is offline Senior VIP Member



    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    new hampshire
    Posts
    408
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

    Re: Comps without amp

    As far as amp recm go, spend around the same on amp as speakers. Alpine, JL and any other good quality amp will do.




  5. #5
    captshiznit's Avatar
    captshiznit is offline Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    England
    Posts
    53
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Comps without amp

    Quote Originally Posted by chucku View Post
    As far as amp recm go, spend around the same on amp as speakers. Alpine, JL and any other good quality amp will do.
    Ok thanks i might not bother with comps speakers, just buy some cheap 30ish co axials to use with my HU cause i cant afford amp and comps yet.

    And from what you seem to be saying they wont work very well without an amp.




  6. #6
    jeremiah's Avatar
    jeremiah is offline edit me but not ****? ok?



    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Canton Texas
    Posts
    2,871
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Comps without amp

    Quote Originally Posted by captshiznit View Post
    Yeh any suggestions for 80x2 amps, i do realise i would only be giving them 20w im wondering how loud exactly they would be, otherwise id just wait till even buying the comps and buy an amp at the same time.
    http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...k+PS2-420.html




  7. #7
    captshiznit's Avatar
    captshiznit is offline Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    England
    Posts
    53
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Comps without amp

    Wow that is very cheap only like 20-30ish pounds... i might purchase that from USA then get it shipped over here.




  8. #8
    jeremiah's Avatar
    jeremiah is offline edit me but not ****? ok?



    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Canton Texas
    Posts
    2,871
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Comps without amp

    Quote Originally Posted by captshiznit View Post
    Wow that is very cheap only like 20-30ish pounds... i might purchase that from USA then get it shipped over here.
    WTF????............. ooooo $$$$$ ok




  9. #9
    captshiznit's Avatar
    captshiznit is offline Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    England
    Posts
    53
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Comps without amp

    yeh i live in UK lol.

    Any more opinions?




  10. #10
    CaliforniabOY5's Avatar
    CaliforniabOY5 is offline My Posts Were Deleted?



    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    ca
    Posts
    4,549
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Comps without amp

    oh my **** en god. . its the blind leading the BLIND. N00bz. . listen. . .

    your Headunit will NOT produce the 20 rms. . expect more like 15 max:

    http://www.caraudiojunkyard.com/foru...hread.php?t=67
    READ if you dont believe me.

    Also, you will be able to run them however it is not recommended, remember your giving them a FRACTION of what they recommend. your giving them almost 1/6th!

    Also, for the amp.. dont buy that PA amp, its garbage. What is your budget? do you HAVE to buy new? 80x2 is NOT hard to come by. Check into the classifieds and i am sure you can find something solid. If your not sure if its of good quality or not PM me or someone else with experiance. Any other questions LET ME KNOW. DONT LET MY POST COUNT FOOL YOU.. i had 2k posts before but i pissed off a mod and he deleted all my posts (lol). Nice components btw.



    Refs: Louisiana CRX, rpfuror, marcusb419er ,JohnnyChuttz, qtipextra,Toxic Tuan,
    jmanpc(x2),tapout(x2),LBC99,TeamPSI,gl0ck, Blazemore ,brtnboarder3241(x2), genxx, hotshot27, mattmcss, calikid, Regal8r,SilverSPL, aGent,bbb543,mr_kebo
    and more on diymobileaudio.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Prowler573 View Post

    CA.com - we may not be able to impart any knowledge whatsoever regarding your inquiries about car audio equipment...but at least we're entertaining!!
    Quote Originally Posted by WhoSayWho? View Post
    Platestacker + Twistid = Plenty of reason to worry about the quality of recruits in the USAF.
    RollinGTO Loves Me!

  11. #11
    captshiznit's Avatar
    captshiznit is offline Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    England
    Posts
    53
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Comps without amp

    Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniabOY5 View Post
    oh my **** en god. . its the blind leading the BLIND. N00bz. . listen. . .

    your Headunit will NOT produce the 20 rms. . expect more like 15 max:

    http://www.caraudiojunkyard.com/foru...hread.php?t=67
    READ if you dont believe me.

    Also, you will be able to run them however it is not recommended, remember your giving them a FRACTION of what they recommend. your giving them almost 1/6th!

    Also, for the amp.. dont buy that PA amp, its garbage. What is your budget? do you HAVE to buy new? 80x2 is NOT hard to come by. Check into the classifieds and i am sure you can find something solid. If your not sure if its of good quality or not PM me or someone else with experiance. Any other questions LET ME KNOW. DONT LET MY POST COUNT FOOL YOU.. i had 2k posts before but i pissed off a mod and he deleted all my posts (lol). Nice components btw.
    Thanks for solid reply.

    Just wanted to know what this stuff about stuff like 100w at 2ohms and 75 at 4ohms?

    Does this relate to type of wire you use so if you use 2ohm resistance wire you can pull 100ws out of amp to each speaker?
    Last edited by captshiznit; 04-12-2007 at 06:26 PM.




  12. #12
    CaliforniabOY5's Avatar
    CaliforniabOY5 is offline My Posts Were Deleted?



    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    ca
    Posts
    4,549
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Comps without amp

    i will send you an infomation packed PM later tonight. . i am currently in class. ..



    Refs: Louisiana CRX, rpfuror, marcusb419er ,JohnnyChuttz, qtipextra,Toxic Tuan,
    jmanpc(x2),tapout(x2),LBC99,TeamPSI,gl0ck, Blazemore ,brtnboarder3241(x2), genxx, hotshot27, mattmcss, calikid, Regal8r,SilverSPL, aGent,bbb543,mr_kebo
    and more on diymobileaudio.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Prowler573 View Post

    CA.com - we may not be able to impart any knowledge whatsoever regarding your inquiries about car audio equipment...but at least we're entertaining!!
    Quote Originally Posted by WhoSayWho? View Post
    Platestacker + Twistid = Plenty of reason to worry about the quality of recruits in the USAF.
    RollinGTO Loves Me!

Closed Thread

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
1e2 Forum