Closed Thread

Reload Thread: boston s60 vs. sx60

500000watts is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

boston s60 vs. sx60

how much of a differnence in sound is there.. i think its like 50-60 dollar difference between the two on ebay.. is there any reason to spend the extra dollar?

genxx is offline Team JL Audio

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: boston s60 vs. sx60

I purchased the SX50 and the 51/4 ******. The tweeters where just ok but expected more. I sold them and bought the SX60 was still very disappointed. The midbass was better but the tweeter still sub par IMHO. I would look into something else unless you are getting a smoking deal. I will never buy that line again. Other you might also look at unless you are dead set on the SX stuff is POLK MMC6500, Pioneer 720PRS, Diamonds and cruthcfield has the MB Quart RUA216 149.99 w/free shipping. I think CDT might have some stuff in the same price range also. I only base the SX series on my personnal opinion of them I was less than happy for the price and I got them on sale for 179.99 new when I got them. I have not heard the MB Quart RUA216 though they might not be any better.

MIDBASS-less than impresive
    Tweeters-some of the worst I have ever used

2009 USACi Basic Consumer World Champion, '09 IASCA INAC 2nd Place, 2010 MECA Finals MODEX 4th, '10 OK MODEX State Champion--Addicted to Sound Quality
    '06 F250: JL-Zapco-Pioneer
    '08 Focus-Kenwood-Zapco-ID-Hertz
    Team JL Audio, Team RAAMmat, Team Advantage Audio, Team MSE, Team Zapco

500000watts is offline Senior VIP Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

are you talking about the whole boston line?

maybe ill try one of the ones you posted cuz i am looking for a good tweeter and decent midbass. and i did notice my S60 mid bass blows.

genxx is offline Team JL Audio

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I was not happy with the SX line for the price range. Not all Boston stuff. The midbass/tweeter just did not compare to some Diamond and JL stuff I used in the same price range. If you could find a good deal on Boston PRO they are good but a big step in price from the SX line.IMHO

IMO there are better speakers out there in the SX price range. I have never owned the S line so cannot say good or bad.

Please remeber this is only my opinion and I will admit I am kinda picky about SQ.

2009 USACi Basic Consumer World Champion, '09 IASCA INAC 2nd Place, 2010 MECA Finals MODEX 4th, '10 OK MODEX State Champion--Addicted to Sound Quality
    '06 F250: JL-Zapco-Pioneer
    '08 Focus-Kenwood-Zapco-ID-Hertz
    Team JL Audio, Team RAAMmat, Team Advantage Audio, Team MSE, Team Zapco

Closed Thread