User Tag List

Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Kenwood 25th anniversay XXV-04S, how good is it?

protonman is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kenwood 25th anniversay XXV-04S, how good is it?

I just bought some kenwood excelon 25th anniversay XXV-04S component speakers from cruthfield clearance sale. I was just wondering how this compares to like boston acoustic pros, focal, and others in its class. I have not found any informative user reviews on this except one or two.

Can anybody tell me how good this is. I have never heard it played or seen it live.
    But the component is pretty impressive atleast from its description.

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-0YK9an9...=113XXV04S#Tab

To celebrate 25 years of audio accomplishment, Kenwood gave their engineers the freedom to build speakers that would be second to none. And they've delivered the goods with their XXV-04S component speaker system. These components deliver sound that's incredibly clear, detailed, and powerful from the booming kick of the drums to the screaming wail of an electric guitar.

Sturdy, non-resonant, diamond cut cast-aluminum baskets provide a firm foundation for 6-3/4" woofer cones that handle high power and deliver superb performance. Read more
    Details:
    component speaker system includes woofers, tweeters, and crossovers
    6-3/4" carbon fiber woofer with rubber surround
    1" titanium dome tweeter with multiple mounting options
    external crossover (2500 Hz, 18 dB/octave) with woofer high-range adjustment and tweeter attenuation settings
    power range: 8-60 watts RMS (240 watts peak power)
    frequency response 30-25,000 Hz
    sensitivity: 92 dB
    top-mount depth: 3-1/16"
    warranty: 2 years

Refs:
    lckmyblls, snb778, bigwill,BassAddictJ, Pitchblack98, VIPER118

oxygen65 is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Kenwood 25th anniversay XXV-04S, how good is it?

from what other people on this foruim say they arnt that good, cuz i was looking at gettin a pair but ended up not becuse of what everone said. let me know how they sound when you hook them up.

Echo42987 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They are of course one of kenwoods better products but I was expecting a lot more from when I heard them. Takes a lot of fine tuning to get them just right! You'll enjoy it if you get it where you need it to be. How much did you grab them for?

-Nick-

iamamp3pimp is offline Bass Heads Entertainment

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i know that the radio is really nice, but doesnt do active three way so...

dleccord is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how long ago was it until it sold out? they look beefy. get some reviews for it when you have them installed.

REFS
    blackgeltabs, theCybe(2x), xplcitcustmz, mabel4life, bumpn_gt , PENER, BLD 25, j3bus2k3(3x) , PRIVATEpastry, guy022077(3x), alpine3612, 03tibgt, rocky 59, mattmcss, yotabeater,pepsican, iceteebone(2x), sfsloop @ mac. com, vincemarq, maldecido33, dalucifer, BassAddictJ, thakidgame, Scoobydoo, marcusb419er, nVRuckus, frkkevin, killahbean, CBFryman2, Zeuslicious(2x), bizzy07, expo5.0, dragonrage, 1loudsuv, nismos14, James Bang, mtlhead, Rsx_03, thaster, teamsubgopoof, CRAZYCORNUTS18, ggk, Colt9699(2x), thangalang, BloodStalker999, dwaynem, chaunb3400, volstitan908, blackbonnie, Fast1one, nineball, rbiele126, JayRich, Al_Capowned, runwitbass

protonman is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

last week was the last in stock when it sold out. $199 for the speakers. kenwood retail price was $899 if you can believe that at initial offering. Cruthfield kept reducing it till I guess its old stock till sold out. $199 was the best price that I saw and bought it. As for review of it, might take a while to do that, its not a easy install, requires a lot of custom install like big depth and its oversize 7"

Quote Originally Posted by Echo42987 View Post
    They are of course one of kenwoods better products but I was expecting a lot more from when I heard them. Takes a lot of fine tuning to get them just right! You'll enjoy it if you get it where you need it to be. How much did you grab them for?

-Nick-

Refs:
    lckmyblls, snb778, bigwill,BassAddictJ, Pitchblack98, VIPER118

Closed Thread