Reload Thread: CDT vs. Crystal vs. CDT

DeuceLee is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

CDT vs. Crystal vs. CDT

CDT Audio CL-61A-25 PRO : Has upgraded TW-25 Tweeters ==> $170 SHIPPED

CDT Audio EF-61NEO/DRT-25 PRO : also has TW-25 Tweets ==> $180 SHIPPED

BOTH come with 30 feet or so of the Monsters wire for FREE.

Crystal 6.5" SSCS6 : $180 SHIPPED

My appologies, my computer is acting up, this is suppose to have a poll on it but now its too late so if you can just hit reply and copy and paste your choice, that'll be great...

and i know these comps have probably been butchered to death but i'm looking to buy this coming week and want your last opinions...

if you have other suggestions, feel free as well to suggest something under $180 shipped.

and if you KNOW for a FACT that someone can sell them for a cheaper price, let me know. And make sure you KNOW they are not going to tell me $180 shipped when you told me that they are selling them for $150 shipped or don't even bother mentioning them.

Thanks in advance!!
    Last edited by DeuceLee; 02-24-2007 at 12:04 PM.

Refs - PESteele, xploit2, djdilliodon, RyanM923, yama168, Amalan, Corollacrazy42, zues, twistedfreak, ZeusMoose15, jesse59672, Mynameismcgyver

FS: (2) RSD 12's - $130 shipped: (1) TC9 10" - $110 shipped

djdilliodon is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: CDT vs. Crystal vs. CDT

what power are u going to be using.

Contacts:

email - islandsound1@yahoo.com
    AIM - djdilliodon

05 SRT-4

System in the works
    MIDBASS ?

Hoodlum007 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

go with the cl61apro with 25mm tweeters, i am using the cl61a's with just the regular tweeters and i am in love with the way they sound. the silk tweeters are smooth and detailed to the last pin drop and the mid and midbass is awesome.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hoodlum007 View Post
    go with the cl61apro with 25mm tweeters, i am using the cl61a's with just the regular tweeters and i am in love with the way they sound. the silk tweeters are smooth and detailed to the last pin drop and the mid and midbass is awesome.
    cool thanks...

djd - i'lll be powering them with about 100rms - 120rms, i've been reading and some people say these speakers don't like 150rms...

i guess a few more question i'd like to ask is:

1. Is the NEO worth it over the regular 61apro? its only a $10 difference...is it going to be pretty much the same other than the neo takes less space behind it? some people also say the NEO has a slight sq decrease compared to regular mags, is that significant?

2. Is the Crystal's titaninum tweeters noticeably harsher than the silk tweeters? seems like alot more people prefer silk to titaninum...

Refs - PESteele, xploit2, djdilliodon, RyanM923, yama168, Amalan, Corollacrazy42, zues, twistedfreak, ZeusMoose15, jesse59672, Mynameismcgyver

JohnnyChuttz is offline Littering and...

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

My Crystals are not harsh at all. Detailed, yes.

99 "The Danger Ranger"
    HU: Pioneer Premier 880PRS
    Comps: Crystal Mobilesound SSCS 6
    Comp Amp: LA S2.500--150w x2
    Sub: Diamond Audio D3 10
    Sub Amp: RF P3001--375w x1

rammin is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Why not spend the extra cash and get a set of EF-61FG's? its onlt like a 20 diff

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rammin View Post
    Why not spend the extra cash and get a set of EF-61FG's? its onlt like a 20 diff
    i see the retail on those are almost 5 bills...

but they have the TW-24 tweets vs the ones i mentioned which has the upgraded TW-25's...

so is having the slight downgraded tweets and the nicer woofers still worth the extra $20 for the upgrades?

thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

with the power you have i would get the ef-61 set. You can get them with the tw25 version for around 185 shipped. Youll get a better midbass driver and tweeter this way.

Contacts:

AIM - djdilliodon

05 SRT-4

System in the works
    MIDBASS ?

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by djdilliodon View Post
    with the power you have i would get the ef-61 set. You can get them with the tw25 version for around 185 shipped. Youll get a better midbass driver and tweeter this way.
    djd, you def know your cdts so maybe you can tell me if the EF-61FG's with the tw24 are worth $20 more than the ef-61NEO's with the tw25's...

maybe you or other cdt pros can tell me what differences i can expect between the two of them...its only $180 shipped for the NEO's vs the FG's $200 shipped..

and maybe if you can tell me more about the power differences...i actually don't have the amp yet so i'm free to choose whatever as soon as i buy the comps...i want to give it enough power but not go crazy and over do it..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DeuceLee View Post
    djd, you def know your cdts so maybe you can tell me if the EF-61FG's with the tw24 are worth $20 more than the ef-61NEO's with the tw25's...

maybe you or other cdt pros can tell me what differences i can expect between the two of them...its only $180 shipped for the NEO's vs the FG's $200 shipped..

and maybe if you can tell me more about the power differences...i actually don't have the amp yet so i'm free to choose whatever as soon as i buy the comps...i want to give it enough power but not go crazy and over do it..
    The fg set will be a waste without the 560 xover upgrade. While good results can be had with as low as 75w per side, the midbass opens up alot more with 150x2 but the standard 400 or 480 xover will mostly likely put the tweeters in protection The neo set will no longer be made as cdt will be replacing them with a new hd series slim line driver. It is a much better speaker sporting solid cast frames, woven leads, powerful neo motor which is front mounted, 1.5" voice coil, push terminals, and with a mounting depth of just 1.77"! I recieved a pair of the proto type drivers from cdt here are pics

With the budget you have and the power you want to run the ef-61 is your best bet. Unless of course you go for an amp that does 150x2 then i would get the CF version ef set with 560's and tw25 silk at around $225

Contacts:

AIM - djdilliodon

05 SRT-4

System in the works
    MIDBASS ?

IgnoreMe is offline I love 2 girls 1 cup

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by djdilliodon View Post
    The fg set will be a waste without the 560 xover upgrade. While good results can be had with as low as 75w per side, the midbass opens up alot more with 150x2 but the standard 400 or 480 xover will mostly likely put the tweeters in protection The neo set will no longer be made as cdt will be replacing them with a new hd series slim line driver. It is a much better speaker sporting solid cast frames, woven leads, powerful neo motor which is front mounted, 1.5" voice coil, push terminals, and with a mounting depth of just 1.77"! I recieved a pair of the proto type drivers from cdt here are pics

With the budget you have and the power you want to run the ef-61 is your best bet. Unless of course you go for an amp that does 150x2 then i would get the CF version ef set with 560's and tw25 silk at around $225
    bro if i were you i would listen to dj here. i had this set twice, and my friend bought one as well. it is a BEAUTIFUL set in my opinion and sounds truley terrific. peace

llllllllllllllll Educate yourself and help stop the ignorance.
    llllllllllllllll DEA Judge Francis L Young says...
    llllllllllllllll Designing a Ported Box

refs: hazardous0388, snoopdan, karleon, thelow, freezeman_7, imtjnotu, Gebrochen, astroladespl, billabongcr , mustbenu , thunder9500 , 91ser, djdilliodon (6 times), stupify, milenko515, Zeuslicious, Bmoorman05, WaTTsLOk187, too dope 1904, nate2587, rbiele126, denalilvr

Don't Blame Me. I Voted for Ron Paul.

BluePoint Air Ratchet for sale...click me bitch

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    bro if i were you i would listen to dj here. i had this set twice, and my friend bought one as well. it is a BEAUTIFUL set in my opinion and sounds truley terrific. peace
    yeah thanks for the valuable lesson on cdts dj...

can any one get me a link to that set for $225?

or if its your special price dj, pm me for purchase info...

Closed Thread