Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Rainbow SLC 265 Kick

So I got a Pioneer Premier DEH-p590iB (haven't installed it yet though) and I still have stock speakers. So I was thinking about getting these bad boys for my 2000 toyota tacoma.
    http://premier-audio.com/index.php?m...&products_id=2

Are these good? And would a beginner be able to install components? If not how much would professional installation be?

Premier-audio site used to be better, I swear it just barely changed. It doesn't say anything about the speakers anymore and when I google them its all in different languages. I think the nominal power handling is 100W and the max is 150W, so what size of amp would I need? And where would be a good place for an amp?

Thanks
    (Also has anyone ordered from premier-audio?)

enzowho is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Rainbow SLC 265 Kick

Rainbow's Site is a good place to gather information. Also, the SLC's are a fairly common speaker, there should be lots of information within this forum. And to answer your question, yes they are good.

If you do your research they you should be fine installing them yourself. I would suggest you pick up some sound deadener from Rick and Raammat or Ant and SecondSkin. You can purchase MDF spacers or make your own if mounting depth is a problem. Yes, you can definitely install them yourself but do your hw. Sound quality is all in the install.

Also, a decent 2 channel amp running around 100 watts RMS should be just fine for you. Overhead is a good thing too, so don't be afraid to get something that has say 150 watts RMS. Properly set your gains for 100 watts and call it good. Also, you will get better response on brands/models over in the amps section.

Schuey2002 is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by halfstepdown88 View Post
    Are these good? And would a beginner be able to install components?
    Yes and yes.

I have a set of the midbasses from that set on order. They should be here one of these days...

Edit:

PM 6spdcoupe here on the forums. I am sure that Don could beat their price on that set..

1996 Toyota Tacoma 4x4

zSnb is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

You may also be interested in the Premier 720prs. Really nice set of speakers than any noob can install.

http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/...ead.php?t=8766

Check out that link. It has a comparison of the Arc ACS265 (Same as SLC 265) and the 720prs. It may be a nice refrence to go off of if you have no chance to go and listen to both.

Just make sure you deaden the hell out of your doors and im sure you'll be pleased with just about anything you buy.

konechiwa is offline Jeepers

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i ordered off premier audio. Aaron is a great guy.

yes components are easy to install. It's just a few extra wires and some screws. Its fun to do it anyway, you'll know how to do it next time.

tukn18s is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

for sure pm don, better deal

halfstepdown88 is offline Junior Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well would it come with instructions? Thats all I need, is some GOOD instructions. The deck didn't come with anything but a general thing for what wire does what so I don't really know what to do haha. And also, what size of amp? I was thinking maybe a Profile AP600
    http://www.crutchfield.com/S-wQyhMvV...ch=profile+amp

or Profile AP1000
    http://www.crutchfield.com/S-wQyhMvV...89AP1000&wm=su

Just because of the price and perfect ratings, don't know ANYTHING about amps actually. I don't even know where I would put the amp

EDIT: The PRS720, is it 6 3/4"? My front speakers are 6.5"
    Last edited by halfstepdown88; 02-17-2007 at 10:30 PM.

konechiwa is offline Jeepers

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

firstly, i'd go with the ap600.

secondly, yes it comes with instructions (what wires to put into the crossover to/from the woofer and tweeter) and then you just wire the input on the crossover to the channels on the amp.

So:

Amp->Wires->Crossover->Wires x2 (one for woofer and one for tweeter)->Woofer and Tweeter

Put the amp wherever. Trunk, Under the seat, in the door, on your head, in the dash, in the glove compartment, cubby, wherever.

Thirdly, tukn18s, how do you know it is a better deal? Do you know both their prices? I got a great deal from Aaron...

tukn18s is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

may i ask what you paid for your slcs?

halfstepdown88 is offline Junior Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by konechiwa View Post
    firstly, i'd go with the ap600.

secondly, yes it comes with instructions (what wires to put into the crossover to/from the woofer and tweeter) and then you just wire the input on the crossover to the channels on the amp.

So:

Amp->Wires->Crossover->Wires x2 (one for woofer and one for tweeter)->Woofer and Tweeter

Put the amp wherever. Trunk, Under the seat, in the door, on your head, in the dash, in the glove compartment, cubby, wherever.

Thirdly, tukn18s, how do you know it is a better deal? Do you know both their prices? I got a great deal from Aaron...

Oh I see in your sig you have exactly what I'm wondering about, how are they? Yeah I have a truck and was thinking about putting it under my seat. Also, I have a Pioneer DEH-p590iB with a built in amp, I haven't installed it yet haha, but I'm not sure if you can turn off the built in amplifier, would that mess my sound up being amplified twice

enzowho is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The signal from your head unit will travel to the amplifier by the RCA's. The internal amplifier in your head unit can either be left disconnected or used to run some rear fill (if you want that).

What you don't want to do is send power from your head unit and your amplifier to the same speaker. This is referred to as strapping and only works on a few amplifiers. Combining the two would ruin something.

Closed Thread

User Tag List