Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Been a week with my new system installed! *THOUGHTS on my CDTS*

theothermike is offline I HAVE NO LIFE, CA = LIFE

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Been a week with my new system installed! *THOUGHTS on my CDTS*

well guys ive had my system installed for a whole week now and i have some thoughts and ?'s concerning it. 1st off i was going for sql system with slightly more sq then an ordinary sql system. I feel ive nailed that on the head completly and my system slams and sounds good doing it every single note.

My CDT's are amazing in Q Form kicks that were reinforced / doors.

The tweet are neither too laid back nor are they too bright. they are smooth though, but produce some good detail in my lower kicks. DRT-25 get a A- or A

The mid ranges are what blew me away in my kicks, they hit every note thrown at them, smooth, crisp, warm sound. HD-4's get a A++++

The mid woofers is a temporary problem i believe, i gave the installer some cd's of my musical tastes (rap, alt rock, drum n bass, thrash metal, punk, classic rock) and when it is set up, i feel the mid bass is lacking. I have my doors properly deadened with 1 layer inside of raamat, 1 layer outside of raammat, and 3 layers of square pieces of mat right behind the speaker. then 1 layer of closed cell foam covering whole door. The mid bass is lacking and doesnt hit to hard, but it plays notes cleanly and very smooth like midrange, it does good job with bass guitar, and i can hear the notes, just cant feel the air it hit as it should have. I think i might need to go back and adjust my amp settings / settings on headunit and everything to my liking. He did a good job though with not getting a clipped signal, and set it up properly but everyone's ears are different. Mid woofers get a B or B+ for now until i see if i can change the settings better

The crossovers are really well made, 2 options to adjust, the tweeter atn, and mid range. I honestly couldnt really hear the difference of the settings going from 0 to +3 so i set back to 0 on both which is how they came. But i did a quick switch at high vol level. i did notice the mids were a little more messy trying to reproduce every not equally which didnt sound to good, and cymbals sounded a little more standing out and it didnt sound natural either. but the build and components used on the x overs were great. x overs get an A+++

Final thoughts, this being my first car audiosystem, and good one at that, better than most peoples first system, im really happy with these speakers. They sound amazing, however im not sure if going 3 way was right for me, i feel i probably wouldnt have gone with the 3 ways again just because of having to worry about more things and all of them at once. I think some rainbow germaniums would have done just as good. But dont take it away from the speakers themselves. They are great. Thanks everyone here for inspiring me to get into this hobby that has taken over all others such as paintball that is left in dust.

Mike- the new enthusiast

robin (iamamp3pimp, did the install, he trying to find the memory card with pics from his camera)
    Last edited by theothermike; 02-04-2007 at 08:17 PM.

System:
    Fronts:ID Oem's & TBI Hdss Front Amps: Sundown Sax 100.2 & 100.4
    Subwoofer: 2x 12" Fi X D4s Sub Amps: Sundown Saz 1500D
    Headunit: Alpine CDA-9887 Batteries / Alternator: Powermaster / Mechman
    Deadener: Raamat BXT Ensolite Alarm: Clifford 50.5x
    References:
    -Premieraudio-Sundownz-Iamamp3pimp-Kpr10is-Jmanpc- MemphisLove-Greekpower-The 727 Kid-Gixxer9-Mobieous-Audiobahnuser18-Thewes-Steveyhustle-Gymfreak101-go_go_thrash

Fixxer is offline Sundown Audio

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Been a week with my new system installed! *THOUGHTS on my CDTS*

Q-Forms have always ******.. I think you would notice a difference using some proper custom kick pods.

Headunit: Pioneer DEX-P99RS
    Processors: AudioControl DQXS/DDC+Matrix
    Front Stage: CDT ES-06+, ES-04, DRT-26
    Component Amps: 2 Sundown SAX-100.4
    Subs: 2x Digital Designs 9510F
    Sub Amp: Sundown SAZ-3500D
    Batteries: 2 Kinetik HC-2400
    Wiring: Knukonceptz + Kicker

alteraudiousa is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

the Q logic with reinforcement will be fine for the HD-4 but will probably not give it enough airspace to run as well as it can get. I switched to the Hybrid Audio L3 and noticed an improved midrange. Also for your midbass I would have suggested the M6 driver instead of the regular HD-6 and you would have noticed an increase in midbass performance. Same cutout size as the HD and ES driver but depth is more. Also you'd need a little more power but its well worth it. check your PMs.

Authorized CDT dealer

Newest Setup
    Eclipse 8454
    Coustic XM6
    Concept CC-D1200
    (2) Monitor 1 MK2.70
    CDT M6 with drt-26 braxial mounted
    Hybrid Audio Legatia L3
    Stereo Integrity Mag 15

theothermike is offline I HAVE NO LIFE, CA = LIFE

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i have enough power, i believe 340 watts to the set is enough? even for the m6, but i dont think i have the depth, seeing how i used the grill also as a spacer for the h-6.

The q logic is not crap, it was alot thicker to begin with then i thought, and with some reinforcing it does very well. My mid range wont be touched, it has an amazing presense in my system.

Im going to research on how to actuarately adjust my settings on my amps

I have 1 ? though

My gains are set 100% correctly.

Do i have to reset my gains when i touch with hpf and lpf and all settings? if so do some require it and others dont? like hpf and lpf dont require it, but if i touch my bass boost i have to reset gains?

LMK

Mike-

System:
    Fronts:ID Oem's & TBI Hdss Front Amps: Sundown Sax 100.2 & 100.4
    Subwoofer: 2x 12" Fi X D4s Sub Amps: Sundown Saz 1500D
    Headunit: Alpine CDA-9887 Batteries / Alternator: Powermaster / Mechman
    Deadener: Raamat BXT Ensolite Alarm: Clifford 50.5x
    References:
    -Premieraudio-Sundownz-Iamamp3pimp-Kpr10is-Jmanpc- MemphisLove-Greekpower-The 727 Kid-Gixxer9-Mobieous-Audiobahnuser18-Thewes-Steveyhustle-Gymfreak101-go_go_thrash

Closed Thread