Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Decent Comps To Run Off HU?

Dynasty is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Decent Comps To Run Off HU?

I am looking to replace my stock speakers with a set of 6.5 comps. They will be ran off the HU and no amp. I know I should use an amp and I plan to in the future, but for now I just want something that will sound MUCH better than my stock speakers.

So what are some cheap comps that will sound MUCH better than my stockers when ran off the HU?

I would like to keep it below $100.

geowick07 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Decent Comps To Run Off HU?

http://www.techronics.com/index.cfm?...roduct_ID=3429

I have heard a set of these and they sound pretty good for the price. But, and i know you said you will amp them soon, just remember that they will NEVER sound as good off HU power as they will with amp power. But, at least they would be a step in the right direction.

And remember: Google is your friend!

KriptiK is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

matter of fact...I just bought some from a local store. Well actually not comps but coax. I love it when new models come out because they sell the previous model for 50% off. I got a set of 6-1/2 Alpine SPS-170A for $55. When those speakers first came out they were running for $115 I think. If you don't mind coax, check these out because they're pretty good especially for the price.

Hintzyboy is offline Sparks mean its working!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If you're going to go off HU power, I suggest you just get a set of Pioneer REV coaxes. If you decide to upgrade later like you said, you can always throw the REVs in back for some rear fill.

Refs:
    CarAudio.com: SlickRick, CubanAffection, trevor87, BigBirney420, Apollyon, Dinty01, TeamPSI, QtrHorse (x2), 6spdcoupe, Siddle, Smokingachicken, MisterGrubbs, Fast1One, MiniVanMan(x2), Jntar, blackbonnie, tigerf117, kasimo420, blaze383, XaznKewLguyX, SRim23, RidnClean, Team H&K, djvi0lent, jeeper07, turboaudi
    DIYMA: snaimpally
    CA.com Feedback: http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=327860
    Ebay Feedback http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=hintzyboy79

Hoodlum007 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hintzyboy is offline Sparks mean its working!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The CDTs have 110w RMS power handling. at most, the HU would put out 25w RMS. Comps on a head unit is just a waste of time and money. I'd be very surprised if you weren't disappointed.

Refs:
    CarAudio.com: SlickRick, CubanAffection, trevor87, BigBirney420, Apollyon, Dinty01, TeamPSI, QtrHorse (x2), 6spdcoupe, Siddle, Smokingachicken, MisterGrubbs, Fast1One, MiniVanMan(x2), Jntar, blackbonnie, tigerf117, kasimo420, blaze383, XaznKewLguyX, SRim23, RidnClean, Team H&K, djvi0lent, jeeper07, turboaudi
    DIYMA: snaimpally
    CA.com Feedback: http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=327860
    Ebay Feedback http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=hintzyboy79

Frankensuby is offline I'm in Ur F0rumZ

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I would get the Alpine Type-S for now. Best sounding I have heard off of deck power.

Save up for a longtime, and get a real nice set of components and a GOOD amp to push them. I'd say plan to spend 600$ on a great front soundstage in the future.

But that is what I would suggest...

Oh ya, and for a reference, the Subaru 'Premium' 6 disc changer puts out roughly 7 watts RMS clean signal at highest per channel.

2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i

System Currently:Speaker Amp|Phoenix Gold Xenon 100.2 Sub Amp| Phoenix Gold Xenon 600.1 Deck| Pioneer DEH6800MP Frontstage| Alpine SPR-17LS "]Sub| Phoenix Gold Xenon 10"
    Refs from Buyers:
    Refs from sellers: Dre2390

Closed Thread