Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Need Component Recomendations

Hey Guys, so since my rear speakers hang over the rear deck, and they distort to hell with the sub in the trunk, ive decided to take "the true" SQ perspective and just run front speakers, no rears

i need some recommendations on some good 6.5 components i can throw in my front doors, im looking for something in the $150 range, the two ive come up with so far are the infinity kappa series components and the diamond audio components, which ones better and are there better ones then those in that price range? I wanna go with a soft dome tweater, metals just too harsh for me

any ideas?

Sub- Fi Fully Loaded 15" BTL
    Sub Amp- MTX TA92001 @ 1 ohm
    Sub Box- TCAB w/ External Aeros
    Front Stage- JBL 6.5" Components
    Cabin Amp- RF 25 to Life Punch150
    Electrical- 200A EA Alt / Kinetik HC2400 /
    Optima Redtop / Zero Guage Big Three

148.2 @ 44hz sealed @ the dash

Refs: Jeremiah, Terra, Shiipseki, Jbgabriel, SPL140.2, ssackett, Haunz, Me&MyVic, GetLikeMe

phenryiv1 is offline Custom user title

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

Re: Need Component Recomendations

Quote Originally Posted by Astyl View Post
    Hey Guys, so since my rear speakers hang over the rear deck, and they distort to hell with the sub in the trunk, ive decided to take "the true" SQ perspective and just run front speakers, no rears

i need some recommendations on some good 6.5 components i can throw in my front doors, im looking for something in the $150 range, the two ive come up with so far are the infinity kappa series components and the diamond audio components, which ones better and are there better ones then those in that price range? I wanna go with a soft dome tweater, metals just too harsh for me

any ideas?
    Be warned- the Kappas are 2 ohm drivers. Try a quick search of this subforum for "cheap" and "components" and you will find 5-6 threads in the last month or so. I'd start there.

Dawson is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Need Component Recomendations

When Elemental Designs gets their eD(i)6500s back on the forum discount - get them... better than anything in the <$200 range IMO (they're $185 with discount)

Closed Thread

User Tag List