Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Any problem mixing tweeters and drivrs from differant makers to get the sound you wan

ksauers is offline 21stCenturySchizoidMan

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Any problem mixing tweeters and drivrs from differant makers to get the sound you wan

I am assuming there is no problem doing this. Is there something you have to watch for to make sure they are compatable?

alphakenny1 is offline LOTUS FTW!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Any problem mixing tweeters and drivrs from differant makers to get the sound you wan

i'm guessing meaning going active right? in the active world this is very common and this is called "DIY." meaning mixing and matching speaker brands to fit the sound that you like. i mean i have mixing speakers right now: lotus 8, lotus 4, and rainbow cal27 running my front stage and i love it .

i would highly suggest if you going active, do some research at diymobileaudio.com. if you can't audition speakers, try to read as much as possible over there to find out what kind of sound you like. there are numerous threads about specific speakers and its characteristics.

the places that diy speakers are sold at are partsexpress.com, madisound.com, solen.ca. there are others as well.

W200/H701
    Dyn MW160/Lotus RM110/Seas Neo Alum/Idmax
    Alpine PDX

References
    RoudyruffKK, mattmcss, BLD 25, 02corvette
    bjfish11 ,slain93gsr, DJGTSR, flakko, FoxPro5
    2.2l integra, rawdogj, guy022077, bumpn_gt
    lowlinc, rocky 59, alann, ECA, DIYMA

bay area people need some custom work done? pm me. here's some work that we've done:
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/151662/1
    http://s15.photobucket.com/albums/a3...man52/Install/
    http://www.v6performance.net/forums/...ad.php?t=76937

ksauers is offline 21stCenturySchizoidMan

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Any problem mixing tweeters and drivrs from differant makers to get the sound you wan

I won't be going active,too complicated for me. I would use whatever crossover comes with the tweeter.

squeak9798 is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Any problem mixing tweeters and drivrs from differant makers to get the sound you

Quote Originally Posted by ksauers View Post
    I won't be going active,too complicated for me. I would use whatever crossover comes with the tweeter.
    Then yes, there are many problems or degredations in performance that can occur when attempting to combine speakers with passive xovers.

Just purchase a prebuilt component set so you don't have any issues to contend with.

Closed Thread