Reload Thread: Comp set opinions....

Jybfan04 is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Comp set opinions....

I am looking towards purchasing a comp set in the future...

Currently I am looking into Rainbow, CDT, and FOCAL, and possibly Infinity...

CDT is moreso the direction im headed in thus far but jus want to know what model should I get to run active...???

can I use the processing system built into my headunit instead of the ones that come with the Comp set.... I have a pioneer deh-p860mp

jus give me ya opinions...

I know the crossovers that come with the speakers are good jus was curious if its possible plus I believe that the crossover built into my headunit will make it easier to make adjustments from as far as in the future as necessary??

Raven is offline Lacking social skills!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Comp set opinions....

If you will be actively crossing over the components, you can get mids and tweeters for less money than comp sets from all those aforementioned companies. The R&D involved in designing a passive crossover shows up in the cost of a component set after all. The popular AA Poly Mid and Vifa Tweeter set comes to mind as a good sounding a very inexpensive DIY component set.

If you're new to this, I'd sugguest going with your current shoice. You will need a good 4 channel each to seperate the mids and tweets. From there I sugguest alternating between the original passive crossovers and going active until you can make up your own mind.

bonesninja is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chase007 View Post
    if u need a box...I'l taked 3 years of shop class so i know what im doing.

after i explained to him there's more to a proper box than boards and glue and he should practice before trying to sell boxes to others

yes personaly if it was some one elce that just starting making boxes but i'v taken shop for 3 years now...Making a lil box is nothing i don't need to pratice on a box to get it right i learned alot of stuff from 1 box and i can fix that in my next box
    after i told him that customers would care about the looks of the box

if u want some thing that looks pretty why don't u find a black guy with a big d*ck.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    If you will be actively crossing over the components, you can get mids and tweeters for less money than comp sets from all those aforementioned companies. The R&D involved in designing a passive crossover shows up in the cost of a component set after all. The popular AA Poly Mid and Vifa Tweeter set comes to mind as a good sounding a very inexpensive DIY component set.

If you're new to this, I'd sugguest going with your current shoice. You will need a good 4 channel each to seperate the mids and tweets. From there I sugguest alternating between the original passive crossovers and going active until you can make up your own mind.

thanks appreciate your help the amp I am currently set on purchasing is the sundown audio 100.4

just need a sure active set to get..

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

just to add keep getting good reviews from rainbow and cdt so those are the main companies I am looking at.

Mainly CDT for pricing but if I can get a hell of a deal on some rainbows I would go that route as well...

doesn't someone on here sell rainbow...

can't remember his member name..

My main objective is SQL for my car...

so please advise...

Raven is offline Lacking social skills!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You won't go wrong either way. I run some old Rainbow SLCs... errr... well I used to! my whole system is stock right now, long story. Anyway I really liked them and haven't thought about changing them for 2 years for what that's worth.

NJAV1 is offline I give her pleasure....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jybfan04 View Post
    just to add keep getting good reviews from rainbow and cdt so those are the main companies I am looking at.

Mainly CDT for pricing but if I can get a hell of a deal on some rainbows I would go that route as well...

doesn't someone on here sell rainbow...

can't remember his member name..

My main objective is SQL for my car...

so please advise...
    PM..6spdcoupe (Don) he'll give you the skinny on the Rainbow's...

Dave

Refs: 6spdcoupe, riogigalo,nismos14

Hintzyboy is offline Sparks mean its working!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How much are you looking to spend, and what are your music preferences. Those are HUGE factors in selecting a component system.

Refs:
    CarAudio.com: SlickRick, CubanAffection, trevor87, BigBirney420, Apollyon, Dinty01, TeamPSI, QtrHorse (x2), 6spdcoupe, Siddle, Smokingachicken, MisterGrubbs, Fast1One, MiniVanMan(x2), Jntar, blackbonnie, tigerf117, kasimo420, blaze383, XaznKewLguyX, SRim23, RidnClean, Team H&K, djvi0lent, jeeper07, turboaudi
    DIYMA: snaimpally
    CA.com Feedback: http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=327860
    Ebay Feedback http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=hintzyboy79

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hintzyboy View Post
    How much are you looking to spend, and what are your music preferences. Those are HUGE factors in selecting a component system.

Hip-Hop, Rap, chopped and screwed music, a lil rock, jazz and r&b...

Hintzyboy is offline Sparks mean its working!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you can afford them, I'd go with some Rainbow Germaniums. They're supposed to have nice midbass, and they use a really nice tweeter. PM 6spdcoupe, and he'll help you find what you need. Just make sure you tell him your budget, listening preferences, and how you plan to install the comps.

Refs:
    CarAudio.com: SlickRick, CubanAffection, trevor87, BigBirney420, Apollyon, Dinty01, TeamPSI, QtrHorse (x2), 6spdcoupe, Siddle, Smokingachicken, MisterGrubbs, Fast1One, MiniVanMan(x2), Jntar, blackbonnie, tigerf117, kasimo420, blaze383, XaznKewLguyX, SRim23, RidnClean, Team H&K, djvi0lent, jeeper07, turboaudi
    DIYMA: snaimpally
    CA.com Feedback: http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=327860
    Ebay Feedback http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=hintzyboy79

Closed Thread