Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Can the CDT EF-61CFi's be beat for the price?

ls1pimp is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Can the CDT EF-61CFi's be beat for the price?

I can get them for 200 dollars shipped, and they come with the 560i crossover. Is there any component set that will beat these for that price? The amp will be an eD nine.2.

Also, I had the older EF-61's in my other car that i just sold, and they didn't really sound good at ultra high volumes because the tweeter would play frequencies that were too low, and you could hear the tweeter distorting. Was that probably an install issue, or will all of these do that? It was kind of annoying because some songs distorted so much that I couldn't really listen to them.

Thanks

leonsv is offline **DIABLO**

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Can the CDT EF-61CFi's be beat for the price?

Quote Originally Posted by ls1pimp View Post
    I can get them for 200 dollars shipped, and they come with the 560i crossover. Is there any component set that will beat these for that price? The amp will be an eD nine.2.

Also, I had the older EF-61's in my other car that i just sold, and they didn't really sound good at ultra high volumes because the tweeter would play frequencies that were too low, and you could hear the tweeter distorting. Was that probably an install issue, or will all of these do that? It was kind of annoying because some songs distorted so much that I couldn't really listen to them.

Thanks
    yep you can beat those components at that price

buy a pair of these

http://www.madisound.com/cgi-bin/ind....1302&pid=1377

and a pair of these

http://www.madisound.com/cgi-bin/ind....1302&pid=2138

and if you must run passive get some crossovers here

http://www.partsexpress.com/webpage....ctGroup_ID=193

imho these are much better than the cdt xovers... much better components...

anyways, since you want cdt, the vifa mg speakers = cdt eurosport speakers

and since you didn't like the tweet from the ef 91, get the seas neo tweets, they play pretty low and stay clean at high volumes not to mention they sound awsome.

good luck

Car Audio Wisdom

"If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something"

"Silence is silver, but music is gold"

"those who think they know everything, annoy those of us that do"

"If you can't fix it with duct tape you have'nt used enough"

life wisdom.... "food is tasty thus I like food"

IgnoreMe is offline I love 2 girls 1 cup

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

can they be beat...i dont know. but i do know that they were **** good in my car and a good quality set. also i never had mine distort at ANY volume...could of been a bum set dude.

llllllllllllllll Educate yourself and help stop the ignorance.
    llllllllllllllll DEA Judge Francis L Young says...
    llllllllllllllll Designing a Ported Box

refs: hazardous0388, snoopdan, karleon, thelow, freezeman_7, imtjnotu, Gebrochen, astroladespl, billabongcr , mustbenu , thunder9500 , 91ser, djdilliodon (6 times), stupify, milenko515, Zeuslicious, Bmoorman05, WaTTsLOk187, too dope 1904, nate2587, rbiele126, denalilvr

Don't Blame Me. I Voted for Ron Paul.

BluePoint Air Ratchet for sale...click me bitch

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    can they be beat...i dont know. but i do know that they were **** good in my car and a good quality set. also i never had mine distort at ANY volume...could of been a bum set dude.
    yea well the old ones are still in the car i got rid of, so I just hope they are all not like that. Aside from that though, they sounded ridicolous, so smooth sounding.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leonsv View Post
    yep you can beat those components at that price

buy a pair of these

http://www.madisound.com/cgi-bin/ind....1302&pid=1377

and a pair of these

http://www.madisound.com/cgi-bin/ind....1302&pid=2138

and if you must run passive get some crossovers here

http://www.partsexpress.com/webpage....ctGroup_ID=193

imho these are much better than the cdt xovers... much better components...

anyways, since you want cdt, the vifa mg speakers = cdt eurosport speakers

and since you didn't like the tweet from the ef 91, get the seas neo tweets, they play pretty low and stay clean at high volumes not to mention they sound awsome.

good luck

thanks man, im not really dead set at all on another pair of CDT's, i would definately get a new set if i heard good things about them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

thanks man, im not really dead set at all on another pair of CDT's, i would definately get a new set if i heard good things about them.
    that's fine

can you tell me what kind of hu you have? because if you have a decent hu with a decent internal xover, you can do an active setup that'll sound better than pretty much any components at $200

Car Audio Wisdom

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

that's fine

can you tell me what kind of hu you have? because if you have a decent hu with a decent internal xover, you can do an active setup that'll sound better than pretty much any components at $200
    not sure yet, I just picked up a new car today (2003 acura MDX), and it has a fully stock bose system in it right now. I have an RE XXX, Nine.1 sub amp, and Nine 2 speaker amp so far that is going inside, but im not sure what head unit I was going to get. Also, I have no idea what an active setup is, even though ive heard that term pleanty of times. For the head unit, Ill probably get either an Eclipse Cd3000, or a kenwood excelon 890. Im also not even sure that ill change the speakers, they sound decent now but just don't get loud enough, so i wanted to hookup the headunit and sub woofer and then gauge how they sound, and see if i really even want new speakers.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

not sure yet, I just picked up a new car today (2003 acura MDX), and it has a fully stock bose system in it right now. I have an RE XXX, Nine.1 sub amp, and Nine 2 speaker amp so far that is going inside, but im not sure what head unit I was going to get. Also, I have no idea what an active setup is, even though ive heard that term pleanty of times. For the head unit, Ill probably get either an Eclipse Cd3000, or a kenwood excelon 890. Im also not even sure that ill change the speakers, they sound decent now but just don't get loud enough, so i wanted to hookup the headunit and sub woofer and then gauge how they sound, and see if i really even want new speakers.
    i would get the x890, great hu for the money

also i wouldn't hold my breath on the bose speakers... my cousin has a mdx and from what i can tell, you can do much better.... but if you are happy then by all means keep the speakers

also read the first sticky in this section by alphakenny, it'll tell you the specifics of active setup.

Car Audio Wisdom

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i would get the x890, great hu for the money

also i wouldn't hold my breath on the bose speakers... my cousin has a mdx and from what i can tell, you can do much better.... but if you are happy then by all means keep the speakers

also read the first sticky in this section by alphakenny, it'll tell you the specifics of active setup.
    thanks. Also, i did some searching on here, and read some good things about the Rainbow 3 series, and A/D/S speakers or something, and they are all aparrantly around 200 bucks as well? I wouldn't mind trying something else besides CDT, since i was kind of dissapointed with the midbass in them.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

also, the car has 6 3/4 speaker openings, i assume 6.5 inch speakers would fit fine?

WhoSayWho? is offline Preston Caught a Predator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

In that price range you might also consider the Alpine Type X's. I am not recommending them since I have nor heard them, but I would put them in the group to research about.

I have the EF's and I have never had a problem with distortion and I have enjoyed them. I do not regret buying them at all. However, I would probably go a different route just for the sake of trying something new.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WhoSayWho? View Post
    In that price range you might also consider the Alpine Type X's. I am not recommending them since I have nor heard them, but I would put them in the group to research about.

I have the EF's and I have never had a problem with distortion and I have enjoyed them. I do not regret buying them at all. However, I would probably go a different route just for the sake of trying something new.
    i seem to have very bad luck with car audio, and i bet my speakers are just a bum pair or something. But yea, im like you with wanting to try new things, so i probably won't even wind up with CDTs. What about A/D/S and rainbows? I saw another thread on here where it seemed both companies had speakers in the 200 dollar price range?

Closed Thread