Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Can I get some speakers sugestions in the $300 range.

King Alpha is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Can I get some speakers sugestions in the $300 range.

My girlfriend dosn't know what to get me for Chrismas, so she told me she would get me speakers for my car, but she don't know anything about car audio, so she'll let me decide what I want.

I had 6 1/2" Boston Rally componants that blew a while ago, so all I did was take the Boston 5x7 coaxils in the back deck and replaced the Rallys. I'm using the same amp which is a Crossfire CFA302 that's rated at 75W x 2 @ 4 ohms, and 150W x 2 @ 2 ohms.

Now, I actually decided on getting the Boston Pro60 speakers, and that being 3 ohm speakers, my amp would be giving it about 100Watts, which is good because I do not plan on getting a new amp. Pro60s on ebay is about $312 for me.

But I am open to suggestions if there's better for $300.

I listen to everything from Damien Marley, Social Distortion, Young Joc, Hepcat, Rancid,Ludacris, Bob Marley, Rage Against the Machine and everything in between. And Sub Bass is already provided by an SI Mag 12.

PremierAudio is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Can I get some speakers sugestions in the $300 range.

So you looking for a tighter midbass and a warmer midrange? Then the Pro6s are a pretty good choice and I know the Rainbows sound amazing when playing Rage Against the Machine, along with Tool... But if you like the Bostons, the new ones have improved a lot and are a descent speaker for the money.

leonsv is offline **DIABLO**

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by King Alpha View Post
    My girlfriend dosn't know what to get me for Chrismas, so she told me she would get me speakers for my car, but she don't know anything about car audio, so she'll let me decide what I want.

I had 6 1/2" Boston Rally componants that blew a while ago, so all I did was take the Boston 5x7 coaxils in the back deck and replaced the Rallys. I'm using the same amp which is a Crossfire CFA302 that's rated at 75W x 2 @ 4 ohms, and 150W x 2 @ 2 ohms.

Now, I actually decided on getting the Boston Pro60 speakers, and that being 3 ohm speakers, my amp would be giving it about 100Watts, which is good because I do not plan on getting a new amp. Pro60s on ebay is about $312 for me.

But I am open to suggestions if there's better for $300.

I listen to everything from Damien Marley, Social Distortion, Young Joc, Hepcat, Rancid,Ludacris, Bob Marley, Rage Against the Machine and everything in between. And Sub Bass is already provided by an SI Mag 12.
    i'd just go with the pro60's they sound good, and 100 watts should get you started.

but....if you want great sound, running active is always an option

Car Audio Wisdom

"If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something"

"Silence is silver, but music is gold"

"those who think they know everything, annoy those of us that do"

"If you can't fix it with duct tape you have'nt used enough"

life wisdom.... "food is tasty thus I like food"

King Alpha is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PremierAudio View Post
    So you looking for a tighter midbass and a warmer midrange? Then the Pro6s are a pretty good choice and I know the Rainbows sound amazing when playing Rage Against the Machine, along with Tool... But if you like the Bostons, the new ones have improved a lot and are a descent speaker for the money.

I was checking out the amp forum and some guy posted a link to Premier Audio, so I checked them out, and to my surprise, they're a Rainbow dealer. I had a hard time finding a site that sold Rainbows(and as I write this, the friggin ad on the top of the page is Premier Audio. show's you how much I pay attention) On top of that your user name is PremierAudio.

Anyway, it looks like the SLC is in my price range. What's the difference in the 265 Kick version and the regular 265 speakers?

I'm very interested in the Rainbows now that I know someone selling it, and as much as I want the Bostons, I still feel uneasy getting anything off ebay.

azngotskills is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The kick give you more midbass and its to be used with a sub, just like you have I liked my SLC when I had then, only changed them because I was going active

2000 Toyota Celica

***under construction***

References:
    6spdcoupe / belunt / SPL140.2 / Loud3 / JoeHemi57 / Megalomaniac / gordos420 / Remus33 / nVRuckus / alann / jdrockafella / gundecker / brypink / QTRHORSE / boostdfoci / foreman / Duke / James Bang / 00maxima / stuckinok / Benilson09 / jester6435 / BLD 25 / jacka / datboiroy / jorginho / bk12321 / meh / OldOneEye ....more to come

Closed Thread