Closed Thread

Reload Thread: 88 ranger supercab speaker set up?

DaveDSMer is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

88 ranger, Pioneer or Clif Designs Coaxials?

Ok from what I can tell I have 4" speakers in the front dash firing up at the windshield and 5x7 speakers in the rear above the jump seats. I was look for some nice coaxial's to put in there. So this is where I need help. I orginally wanted to go with the Pioneer REVs but they dont make a 4" speaker. I really dont want to spend more than 100 dollars per set so I came across Clif Designs and they are pretty affordable. Was looking at their TX line (middle line) and thought that may be perfect as they make both a 4" and 5x7". My amp is rated at 60watts rms @ 4 ohm (JBL). the CD 4" want 60 but the 5x7 wants 75. The REVs want 60. So maybe mix the CD 4" for the front and REV for the rear? I dunno what do yall think I should do?

On a side note there is both a Pioneer and a Clif Designs dealer in town so I can buy locally either set.
    Last edited by DaveDSMer; 12-20-2006 at 12:27 PM.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: 88 ranger supercab speaker set up?

bump for some help

Hintzyboy is offline Sparks mean its working!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

you don't need to match rms specs. Most speakers can do well on half rms. Just make sure to set the gains right on the amp and you should be fine. I've heard a lot of good things about the Revsthough, so I would get them if I could.

That said, if you REALLY want both sets go fr it. In a small environment like that, I would rather go with a decent component set, and leave the stock for rear fill, or just eliminate it all together. There are plenty of nice comps for under $200.

Refs:
    CarAudio.com: SlickRick, CubanAffection, trevor87, BigBirney420, Apollyon, Dinty01, TeamPSI, QtrHorse (x2), 6spdcoupe, Siddle, Smokingachicken, MisterGrubbs, Fast1One, MiniVanMan(x2), Jntar, blackbonnie, tigerf117, kasimo420, blaze383, XaznKewLguyX, SRim23, RidnClean, Team H&K, djvi0lent, jeeper07, turboaudi
    DIYMA: snaimpally
    CA.com Feedback: http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=327860
    Ebay Feedback http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=hintzyboy79

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

yeah thats not a bad idea Hintz, components for the front and just leave stock rear for fill.. can just bridge the channels to the fronts and leave the rears on the headunit.. thanks for something else to ponder

///M5 is offline Big Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I would try my darndest to get something larger than a 4" driver in the front.

Railrocker is offline Sie mich hören?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I would try to get away from it all 4" and 5x7"

Get a good set of components, used if you must and just stick with that for now.

Build some kickpods or buy some I dont know if q logic makes them for vehicles that old. They would be the easiest but not the best.

Also they make 4" component sets but your imaging would be all fudged up with them pointed at the glass.

Closed Thread