Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

MB Quart 6.5 " QSC216

Curious what other owners are using for both the tweeter setting (0, 3, or 6) and also what crossover setting from the HU, if any, in addition to the included crossover.

Right now I'm going to set my tweeters to 0. I don't know if 3 and 6 are + or -, can't tell from the manual or actual crossover labels.

For crossover I'm thinking of using a High pass at 80hz, even though the woofer is rated to 35hz. I'll do a low pass at 80hz for my sub. Any reason to send lower than 80hz to my speaker woofer? I'm guessing the speaker won't handle it as well as the sub, and the sub will be fine (JL 400 watt 12W6). Or am I wrong and I can get some clear lower-than-80hz out of the speaker woofer also?

GrnEydDvl is offline Registered User

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: MB Quart 6.5 " QSC216

Quote Originally Posted by tracyrick View Post
    Curious what other owners are using for both the tweeter setting (0, 3, or 6) and also what crossover setting from the HU, if any, in addition to the included crossover.

Right now I'm going to set my tweeters to 0. I don't know if 3 and 6 are + or -, can't tell from the manual or actual crossover labels.

For crossover I'm thinking of using a High pass at 80hz, even though the woofer is rated to 35hz. I'll do a low pass at 80hz for my sub. Any reason to send lower than 80hz to my speaker woofer? I'm guessing the speaker won't handle it as well as the sub, and the sub will be fine (JL 400 watt 12W6). Or am I wrong and I can get some clear lower-than-80hz out of the speaker woofer also?
    I had a very similar setup and my install liked the crossover set at 80hz for both low and high pass. If you set yours this way and both LP and HP at the same slope try switching phase on your sub to see if it helps. Depending on your setup you can induce phasing issues crossing over this way. (You really should try switching the phase no matter what)

You should start the crossovers around 80hz and try different frequencies out to see which works best for you.

I think you will be good at 80hz. Some SQ guys with beefy mids try going even lower than that, but I am guessing your QSDs will he happier around 80.

Closed Thread

User Tag List