Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Hmm, Components in front AND back of SUV?

Supergumby5000 is offline Project: F350 begins...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hmm, Components in front AND back of SUV?

Planning on putting component speakers into my explorer. Never really put much thought into this, but im kinda wondering if i should put two sets of components (for the front and the back passenger seats as well), or just one set of components in the front with just some regular ol speakers in the back.

Project: Avalanche V1... http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=345189
    Project: Avalanche V2... http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=432321
    Project: F350... Coming Soon!
    Need a box or box design? -EMAIL- me for info/quotes, do NOT send a PM
    my username @ hotmail.com

phantom240 is offline ALL YOUR INTERNETZ

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Hmm, Components in front AND back of SUV?

Got passengers often? if not, then its all in your preferences. Its all about what you like. If youre a taxi for bum *** friends (like mine are), then i would recommend it.

Quote Originally Posted by 18lexusowner View Post
    If your not a liberal cockbag than it's funny.
    Refs: Lostsoul, DaGh0st, Jadeaudio, mhschiefs806, revrider1, GavinVoy, maximpakt

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

wouldnt call myself a taxi, but with the other stuff in my car i dont really wanna half a$$ this part hehe. Just makin sure it wasnt a stupid idea. Thanks for the help.

-Devin

phantom240 is offline ALL YOUR INTERNETZ

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Most people will say no, just some average coax speakers or midbass drivers. Personally, i like having quality sound from all angles. Then again, i was never really satisfied with the way it sounded and im just now installing my first set of comps and deadener.

Quote Originally Posted by 18lexusowner View Post
    If your not a liberal cockbag than it's funny.
    Refs: Lostsoul, DaGh0st, Jadeaudio, mhschiefs806, revrider1, GavinVoy, maximpakt

alteraudiousa is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

if you want some rear fill add some coaxials or a small component set. I've gone and reconsidered my setup and will be adding some 4in components on the rear deck just for fun and to **** everyone off who says no rear fill. Well, not really but a small set for rear fill that will not add another dimension to the front soundstage is fine.

Authorized CDT dealer

Newest Setup
    Eclipse 8454
    Coustic XM6
    Concept CC-D1200
    (2) Monitor 1 MK2.70
    CDT M6 with drt-26 braxial mounted
    Hybrid Audio Legatia L3
    Stereo Integrity Mag 15

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well i didnt want to modify my doors is the only thing i am really avoiding. I was going to put an Infinity component system in the front. Just kind of questioning if some comps in the back will sound decent from the front seats. I wouldnt mind going regular ol coax's in the back two doors, would save me some work, and some money. I just want it to sound good tho.

T3mpest is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

You won't really hear them much from the front seats. I'd buy a cheap set of coax for the back. You can't hear them too much, so it really doesn't matter how they sound. Cutting into the door for speaker you wont' ever actually listen to seems a bit excessive. Spend the money you save on making the parts of the stereo you WILL hear better

Torgus is offline Maxima.org

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

buy a cheap set of components($150-200) for the back maybe some CDTs(i like mine)...if you want decent sound back there. just remember if your not going to amp them it isn't worth it. also if adding rear comps effects your front sound stage budget AT ALL. don't do it. 90% of the time no one will be back there. unless you are a taxi for your friends.

2003 Maxima: Bodykit, 19'' Rims, Alarm, Eclipse AVN5500 DVD/NAV, Rainbow Profi Vandiums(front), Boston pro60s(rear doors), 2 12'' Sealed Type Rs, 0 guage, HiFonics & Diamond Amps, Optima, Suspension Work, Cleared 8k HIDs w/ DDE Angel Eyes, 8k HID fogs, Berk Intake, Phenolic Intake Spacers, Greddy SS Exhaust, Custom 2 Tone Leather Interior, Radar Detector, bunch of other stuff...oh and only 40k miles

MAXIMA.ORG

Hintzyboy is offline Sparks mean its working!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Or you could get a set of CDT Braxials, any Kicker Comps, or any other set that allows you to mount the tweeter on the woofer. That way you could have a decent set of comps, but you wouldn't have to modify your doors at all to install them.

Refs:
    CarAudio.com: SlickRick, CubanAffection, trevor87, BigBirney420, Apollyon, Dinty01, TeamPSI, QtrHorse (x2), 6spdcoupe, Siddle, Smokingachicken, MisterGrubbs, Fast1One, MiniVanMan(x2), Jntar, blackbonnie, tigerf117, kasimo420, blaze383, XaznKewLguyX, SRim23, RidnClean, Team H&K, djvi0lent, jeeper07, turboaudi
    DIYMA: snaimpally
    CA.com Feedback: http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=327860
    Ebay Feedback http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=hintzyboy79

mlstrass is offline Shaggy DOA

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

Here's my budget rear fill solution:

Profile AP1000 amp
    Pioneer REV 6.5" coax's

Looking at like $175 shipped for both and it puts out some very nice sound that will get loud when needed. I run the amp trigger off a toggle and only turn them on when in the mood to get LOUD.

Closed Thread