Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Which Crystals Are Right For Me?

Dynasty is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Which Crystals Are Right For Me?

What Crystal speaker is right for me?

1) Crystal Mobile Sound SSX-615 (http://www.infinitecaraudio.com/cgi-...talogno=SSX615)

2) Crystal Mobile Sound SSCS-6 (http://www.infinitecaraudio.com/cgi-...atalogno=SSCS6)

I am upgrading from stock 4x6 speakers. I'm looking for much better SQ at higher volumes as well as midbass. I do not have a factory tweeter location. I will be amping whatever speaker I go with, but am unsure at how much power to send them, so I need suggestions there.

Both speakers seem to be very good. I have read reviews and searched these forums and found great input on them.

In your, opinion what Crystal speaker should I go with?

95stroked1500 is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Which Crystals Are Right For Me?

i wouldn't get them from that site. IF they can even get them. stick with one of us who is authorized to sell them. there's a few of us who can do them for the same price and it is legit.

depends on if you have the OD to fit the basket of the sscs, how much power to send, and if you want the little more mid bass the sscs has over the ssx.

ssx's you won't have any problems with 100w each. sscs, 150w + each.

Rc 415 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 95stroked1500 View Post
    i wouldn't get them from that site. IF they can even get them. stick with one of us who is authorized to sell them. there's a few of us who can do them for the same price and it is legit.

depends on if you have the OD to fit the basket of the sscs, how much power to send, and if you want the little more mid bass the sscs has over the ssx.

ssx's you won't have any problems with 100w each. sscs, 150w + each.
    Did you get your new shipment in from the backorder? I'm still waiting on my replacements from Tuan for I think its been 2+ months now

Refs: Dalucifer, Showrides, MtxThunder9500, Flipx99, tgclark84, blue200sx, Jeepintn, got_focus?, stratusrt01

1983 Chevy C-10 Short Bed Stepside
    Subwoofers: 2 DD9510F's
    Subwoofer Amplifier:
    Frontstage: Crystal SSCS 6
    Frontstage Amplifier: Diamond D3 400.4
    Head Unit: Alpine 9823

95stroked1500 is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

as of wednesday, our distro still doesn't have stock on the sscs yet. a few weeks ago when i talked to crystal, he was putting a small shipment on a plane to get dealers at least something until the main bulk arrives.

i'd expect any day. as long as there weren't other problems. phillipines have had some very devestating storms recently. that is where they have their highs made. their prox2 line on up of subs, is what is made in so cal.

2+ months! ouch. i don't think crystal has been out of stock quite that long.

Rc 415 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 95stroked1500 View Post
    as of wednesday, our distro still doesn't have stock on the sscs yet. a few weeks ago when i talked to crystal, he was putting a small shipment on a plane to get dealers at least something until the main bulk arrives.

i'd expect any day. as long as there weren't other problems. phillipines have had some very devestating storms recently. that is where they have their highs made. their prox2 line on up of subs, is what is made in so cal.

2+ months! ouch. i don't think crystal has been out of stock quite that long.
    Alright thanks for the info, I wish the mids didnt arrive with broken terminals!

Refs: Dalucifer, Showrides, MtxThunder9500, Flipx99, tgclark84, blue200sx, Jeepintn, got_focus?, stratusrt01

1983 Chevy C-10 Short Bed Stepside
    Subwoofers: 2 DD9510F's
    Subwoofer Amplifier:
    Frontstage: Crystal SSCS 6
    Frontstage Amplifier: Diamond D3 400.4
    Head Unit: Alpine 9823

Closed Thread