Closed Thread

Reload Thread: cdt neo

fruggy is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

cdt neo

Whats everybodys opinion on these http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?...roduct_ID=3366 I have a budget of 100$ for a set of coaxils.Im thinking these cdt`s are my best bet.

refs:datboiroy, kpr10is, bonesninja, pboulos

envengineer is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: cdt neo

Do you need 5.25's or would 6.5"s work? I have two sets of the 6.5" ef-61 neox for sale in the classifieds and I will beat that price including shipping. I have not ever installed them so I can not speak to their particular sound characteristics.

Hoodlum007 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Fiberglass series are great speakers, the fiberglass cones produce an excellent sound quality.

fruggy is offline Senior VIP Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

No I cant do 6.5.I can barely do 5.25 the 5.25 will be hanging out of my dash.I have a 1991 cavlalier.I had 6.6 sscs6 set and I sold them becasue they didnt work.So has anyone had expierence with the 5.25 neo set?I have a sx600.2 so I guess I will just have to be careful with my power if I get these.

refs:datboiroy, kpr10is, bonesninja, pboulos

Notwerk is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Um, if you have a place to put the tweeter, you might want to look at Exile XP Pros. They're just about the slimmest speaker available, with a mounting depth UNDER two inches. And they sound really good for the money. I own a set. They're well worth it. If you can't fit these, nothing fits.

Check www.exilecaraudio.com

They only sell through brick and mortar dealers, but if you don't have a dealer in the area, send a message to Morgan and they can do a direct sale for you. You won't find them online, as they control their distribution tightly.

(I have no affiliation with Exile, just own some of their stuff and have found them to be good guys)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

On the exile set, you can put the tweeter on the mid. They can be "transformed" to resemble co axils. I have them too, and would agree they are an excellent set. the only problem ive had is that on some of hte songs, no matter how much eq'ing i do, the lower frequencies will cut out only the vocals.

Its 106 miles to chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, its dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Go, passer-by, and tell the world
    That we perished in the cause,
    Faithful to our orders.

War Is Not Pro Life.

khail19 is offline Subaru Nut

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dozy_production View Post
    On the exile set, you can put the tweeter on the mid. They can be "transformed" to resemble co axils. I have them too, and would agree they are an excellent set. the only problem ive had is that on some of hte songs, no matter how much eq'ing i do, the lower frequencies will cut out only the vocals.
    On the Xtec set that you and I have, you can coax mount the tweeters. On the XP Pro set that he's talking about I don't think you can.

Sold to:
    LowLinc (BA subs), ClinesSelect (MBQ amp), soul05 (Xtant sub), jmanpc (Kenwood sub), sbcaprice305 (PPI sub), DMDAKOTA (CDT KA-61), UndercoverPunk (A/D/S PQ8), hondacr125 (Pioneer DEH-1500), jciu (Clarion XDZ-716), vipervin (Eclipse 5423), LopezEL (Eclipse 8053), skydeaner (Hex mids), Raven (BP150.1), BigJoker (Clarion APA4320)

Bought from:
    iceteebone (Eclipse 8053 & 87101), NE14MX (MBQ amp), jmiller0526 (ED 9kv2), excelerater (Hex mids), JoeHemi57 (Bravox comps), LivinLife (Sony deck & Boston sub), jciu ( EU700s & plate amp)

Notwerk is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yeah, the XTEC can be coax mounted, but they're too deep for his application. The XP can't coax, but comes in at a depth of 1.85 inches.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

lol i thought you still were talking about the xtecs?

Its 106 miles to chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, its dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Go, passer-by, and tell the world
    That we perished in the cause,
    Faithful to our orders.

War Is Not Pro Life.

khail19 is offline Subaru Nut

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dozy_production View Post
    lol i thought you still were talking about the xtecs?
    Quote Originally Posted by Notwerk View Post
    Um, if you have a place to put the tweeter, you might want to look at Exile XP Pros.
    He only mentioned the XP Pros.

Sold to:
    LowLinc (BA subs), ClinesSelect (MBQ amp), soul05 (Xtant sub), jmanpc (Kenwood sub), sbcaprice305 (PPI sub), DMDAKOTA (CDT KA-61), UndercoverPunk (A/D/S PQ8), hondacr125 (Pioneer DEH-1500), jciu (Clarion XDZ-716), vipervin (Eclipse 5423), LopezEL (Eclipse 8053), skydeaner (Hex mids), Raven (BP150.1), BigJoker (Clarion APA4320)

Bought from:
    iceteebone (Eclipse 8053 & 87101), NE14MX (MBQ amp), jmiller0526 (ED 9kv2), excelerater (Hex mids), JoeHemi57 (Bravox comps), LivinLife (Sony deck & Boston sub), jciu ( EU700s & plate amp)

Closed Thread