Closed Thread

Reload Thread: which "cheap" speakers

rockcrusher is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Icon11 which "cheap" speakers

Hello. I just joined and have found this site to be fantastic. I only wish had the money and knowledge to use some of the equipment you guys talk about. Right now I have a 2000 altima SE with stock equipment and all I can afford to do is change out the speakers.
    All I'm looking for is something better than stock - nothing fancy. We're talking Wal-mart stuff, which brings me to my questions:

1. Which is better, cheap sony, cheap pioneer, or cheap Lightning Audio?
    (I'm leaning towards the Lightnning audio because I've heard that a lower sensitivity number is best with a low powered oem system and their number is 89 vs 92 or 92 on the others.
    2. Any tips on making the job smoother. I'm doing door and rear deck. I've watched others change speakers in the distant past and it didn't look to difficult but I ain't the brightest lightbulb in the house either when it comes to this stuff!
    3. There are factory tweeters in the door already - anthing special I need to know about making sure these still work with the new speakers?

From lurking on this site for awhile today, I know you guts are way out of my league but I would be grateful if you would help a poor idiot out!
    Thanks,
    rockcrusher

hatemonger is offline funded*by*soros

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: which "cheap" speakers

Quote Originally Posted by rockcrusher View Post
    Hello. I just joined and have found this site to be fantastic. I only wish had the money and knowledge to use some of the equipment you guys talk about. Right now I have a 2000 altima SE with stock equipment and all I can afford to do is change out the speakers.
    All I'm looking for is something better than stock - nothing fancy. We're talking Wal-mart stuff, which brings me to my questions:

(I'm leaning towards the Lightnning audio because I've heard that a lower sensitivity number is best with a low powered oem system and their number is 89 vs 92 or 92 on the others.
    2. Any tips on making the job smoother. I'm doing door and rear deck. I've watched others change speakers in the distant past and it didn't look to difficult but I ain't the brightest lightbulb in the house either when it comes to this stuff!
    3. There are factory tweeters in the door already - anthing special I need to know about making sure these still work with the new speakers?

From lurking on this site for awhile today, I know you guts are way out of my league but I would be grateful if you would help a poor idiot out!
    Thanks,
    rockcrusher
    does your car have the bose factory system in it?

2003 chevy s-10 ext. cab
    hu: jvc kd-avx1
    precision power 356cs components
    front amp: infinity 475a
    sub: diamond audio d6 10d4
    enclosure: 1.1 cubes ported tuned @ 31hz
    sub amp: JL G1700

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

if ur gonna replace cheap stock speakers with cheap ****** speakers, you mught as well wait a month, save up a little more, and just get something decent. otherwise, it's just like wasting ur money and a month down the road you'll wish you had gotten something a little nicer.

2006 Chevrolet Silverado - Crew Cab Z71
    Kicker ZX 750.1
    Four 8" RE RE's

Bought from: Jamaica2G, Ayrton, Prowler573, netherland24, tRiGgEr, BassBEAST88, HCCAfan, HOAX_1
    Sold to: James Bang, dkguitarist, Scoobydoo, ~Magick_Man~, BigEM, lostsoul, sephiroth619, Skip01, squeak12, CELLERBR, bvr_j_0969, OneKrazyKeebler, negativezeroz
    Traded with: Apollyon, zachzchw, jmanpc
    eBay: pmk0024 - 100% positive

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

no

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I know what you're saying, but here's the deal. I've started my on sales consulting business and money is tight. Also, by spring 2007 I hope to have a new ride anyway. I just want something to get me by until I get rid of the car and at the same time sound at least a little better that stock. ( a couple of the speakers sound "busted" at higher volumes, so I gotta do something).
    Thanks for your reply,
    rockcrusher

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks,
    rockcrusher

My dad bought some cheap 3.5/4" ? lighting audio speakers from walmart for his motorcycle and there pretty fuc*ing loud.. he's had them for prolly 8 months now and they still sound new....

iceteebone is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

I know what you're saying, but here's the deal. I've started my on sales consulting business and money is tight. Also, by spring 2007 I hope to have a new ride anyway. I just want something to get me by until I get rid of the car and at the same time sound at least a little better that stock. ( a couple of the speakers sound "busted" at higher volumes, so I gotta do something).
    Thanks for your reply,
    rockcrusher
    probably because the volume is too high and the radio is clipping, not sure cheap aftermarket speakers will do much better

Closed Thread