Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Fosgate P162S ~VS~ Memphis 15-MSYNC6 or 15-MSYNC8

Cblue is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Icon12 Fosgate P162S ~VS~ Memphis 15-MSYNC6 or 15-MSYNC8

Here's the wind-up folks;

Without playing favorites, has anyone had any of these speakers, or have they heard them in use?
    I am getting 2 sets of the P162S components in the mail, but I can't make up my mind if I want to trade them for Memphis components, or give them the Fosgate's a shot. I haven't heard any of them yet.

Boy those 8" components from Memphis, (15-MSYNC8) sure look aweful nice. And I bet they have great mid-bass.
    http://www.memphiscaraudio.com/produ...ails.asp?id=22

Let me know your opinion if anyone has tried any of these.

If the Fosgates are good enough, I'll stick them in.
    BTW I'll be powering them with 65watts X 4 RMS.

http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/produ...3&locale=en_US

Thanx- Cblue

squeak9798 is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Fosgate P162S ~VS~ Memphis 15-MSYNC6 or 15-MSYNC8

I've never really been overly impressed with RF's speaker offerings.

However, I'm running the Msync 8's in my car right now. They sound okay

Cblue is offline Junior Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Icon32 Re: Fosgate P162S ~VS~ Memphis 15-MSYNC6 or 15-MSYNC8

Hey Squeak, I've got a couple of questions for you.

Are you fairly impressed with the MSync-8's enough that you think they are worth the price? Or do you think there are better SQ 6.5's out there within that same price range?

Is there a better way to go than to my local dealer as far as price goes?

Did you notice a good enough difference that you would suggest the 8" MSync's over the 6.5" ?

If you have the time, could you give me your detailed opinion and review of the 6.5 and 8 " MSyncs.

The only reason I'm getting the Fosgates is because that's the only thing insurance would give me after a recent theft.

Thanx- Cblue

Hoodlum007 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The fosgates are crap, i have heard them and they lack any kind of sound quality. You will be really impressed with the Memphis they have great midbass, and very detailed mids and smooth, clear hi's.

squeak9798 is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cblue View Post
    Are you fairly impressed with the MSync-8's enough that you think they are worth the price?
    Definitely.

Or do you think there are better SQ 6.5's out there within that same price range?
    "Better" is subjective and rather personal-preference oriented.

Are there speakers out there that that you might personally like more than the Memphis? Quite possibly.

Are there any I feel are flat out, no questions asked better for the same price? Nope.

The M-Sync series are responsible for winning multiple world championships in sound quality over the years. That alone doesn't mean they are the best thing since internet ****, as a majority of that is in the installation/tuning.....but it certainly goes to show that they have the potential to be extremely good sounding speakers.

Is there a better way to go than to my local dealer as far as price goes?
    Woofersetc carries them.....though they are unauthorized and would carry no manufacturer warranty.

Did you notice a good enough difference that you would suggest the 8" MSync's over the 6.5" ?
    Never heard the 6.5's.

I've heard the 5.25's before, albeit in a different install.....the 5.25's have very snappy midbass and very good low frequency extension....the 8's aren't as snappy, but have a little better low frequency extension.

Both sound great through the midrange and high frequency regions.....I can't think of any real deficiency the 8" had compared to it's smaller counterpart off hand. They are, as the best term I've heard describe them, very neutral speakers. They don't add a lot of their own coloration to the sound.

Closed Thread