Closed Thread

Reload Thread: crystal sscs6 dont fit

fruggy is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

crystal sscs6 dont fit

Im very dissapointed rigt now.I have a 1991 cevy cavlalier,and i bought these speakers the sscs 6 thinking I could just make them fit .I at first was going to make a box but then realized the speakers would stick out to far hittimg my legs,becasue the only place i could put them was in the doors,but am very limited in space with the doors.So then I just made 2 spacers for each side and screwed the speakers right into the door panel (no I dont care how my car looks its a cavalier).Anyways so I got them to fit,but everytime I drive my legs block the midrange speaker and i really cant hear it.So basicly wherever i put it in the door panel is blocked by my legs.I cant put it on the gorund either like kick panels or something beacase it would be way to close to the clutch pedal.The stock location is 3.5 But I can fit 5.25 in there hanging out and stuff.My options are getting a 4" set and making it look nice or getting a 5.25 set and make it look all screwy.What do you guys think.O and by the way Im most likely selling this set now

pwnt by pat is offline Pat for Prez 2024 - vote!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: crystal sscs6 dont fit

k?

carputer - h701 - c701 - dynaudio mw170s - si mag 15 - ss rubicon 604 x2 - ss rubicon 1002

coming soon:
    seas w15cy - alpine spx177r tweeters

fruggy is offline Senior VIP Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pwnt by pat View Post
    k?
    woops.Ive been lookign at the diamond audio d6 sets and they say 4.5 "My question is will it be that big of a difference from 5.25 to say 4.5 speakers.This is what im looking at http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?...roduct_ID=2708 on ebay there 140$

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What makes you think you will be able to fit a 4" comp set if your stock location is only for 3.5"? Either build door pods abover where your legs are or build some kicks for the Crystals and yes it can be done in that car if you do it right.

lvfive.o is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yeah because of the 7.25 outer dimensions I had to build pods to get them to fit in my truck, they certainly sound good though!

Refs:
    Bought From: TeamPSI, Mattmcss, Skmfkr, Flakko, mikeyboc, 3rdID, the_franchise, DRCKISS, AudioXtremes, AlpineAndy, dB Dom

Sold To: TeamPSI, UndercoverPunk, Robertw813, Kevzaz, 45jimmy, 528hz, VarsityBumper, Toasted1, edwelly, teamsolo, dcole18, JoeSmith502, HawaiianBassHed, jaredspl, oxsign, 18inchjeepin

Notwerk is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You can fab kicks with fiberglass or get the Q-logic ones and mat them a bit with the sound deadener of your choice.

http://www.qlogic.ws/products/q_form...4&groupID=4747

alteraudiousa is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i would not use kicks, i would make pods that angle the mids up a little to you. This will help you out. Also if you tried to do a 3way, you can use a kickpod and aim that midrange better and then the door is playing midbass frequencies and angle doesn't matter AS much. its still good to have good imaging though.

Authorized CDT dealer

Newest Setup
    Eclipse 8454
    Coustic XM6
    Concept CC-D1200
    (2) Monitor 1 MK2.70
    CDT M6 with drt-26 braxial mounted
    Hybrid Audio Legatia L3
    Stereo Integrity Mag 15

Closed Thread