Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Reload Thread: Rear Fill: Obserations...

MBrock4u is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Rear Fill: Obserations...

Hey all! I have noticed this is something that we here on the forum, just don't all agree with. That's fine but here is one problem. When a new guy asks about rear fill, alot of people on here with tell him to forget rear fill, that it will praticley ruin his system. This is simply NOT the case! That leaves new people on here confused. I understand that rear fill is not for everyone, but some people on here like it. I would seem to me it would be better to try to help someone, rather than just say it will destroy your system. The truth is that most of us are not at compatition level, though some are, and yes I understand the whole concept of not having rear fill. I like what rear fill does for my paticular system in my paticular car. I try not to tell anyone that they need rear fill, because for what they are looking to do that might not be a good option for them. There are people on here with alot more knowledge than me, which is why we come here in the first place. Lets try to keep the main thing the main thing and help someone, instead of throwing them to the wolves.

jeepintn is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Rear Fill: Obserations...

i agree, i love my rear fill, especially during the times the subs and amps are undergoing switches and changes

anyone around nashville who needs an install done pm me

REFERENCES:
    smd4life(x2), scottiej(x3), army killa(x2), mike yayo, showrides, livinlife, pimpedout97x, PILOT 04, krouchchocolate, bigoso, blados, iamamp3pimp, xxxruckaz, joelowrider, CLJ, pesteele, danm7890, CrEaTrE, seth350, saywhat?, pepsifiend69, xxxpower, jadon087, 9512ds, skitzafit, billabongcr, ddeitz, ryanm923, massiveaudiocw, karkrazee96, tuck05, aeon, dcole18, purposesoap, morgans432, path2spl, krisfnbz, hessdawg, haunther, el_chupo_,

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i like rearfill. Only because i dont have proper imaging on my frontstage.

Its 106 miles to chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, its dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Go, passer-by, and tell the world
    That we perished in the cause,
    Faithful to our orders.

War Is Not Pro Life.

Worlddre is offline Big Darkie

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

was there not a thread stating this exact same thing not too long ago?

"humility in the face of overwhelming genius will obviously amount to hypocrisy"

iceteebone is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MBrock4u View Post
    Hey all! I have noticed this is something that we here on the forum, just don't all agree with. That's fine but here is one problem. When a new guy asks about rear fill, alot of people on here with tell him to forget rear fill, that it will praticley ruin his system. This is simply NOT the case! That leaves new people on here confused. I understand that rear fill is not for everyone, but some people on here like it. I would seem to me it would be better to try to help someone, rather than just say it will destroy your system. The truth is that most of us are not at compatition level, though some are, and yes I understand the whole concept of not having rear fill. I like what rear fill does for my paticular system in my paticular car. I try not to tell anyone that they need rear fill, because for what they are looking to do that might not be a good option for them. There are people on here with alot more knowledge than me, which is why we come here in the first place. Lets try to keep the main thing the main thing and help someone, instead of throwing them to the wolves.
    ok that's nice. next time someone asks about rearfill you tell them this. these types of threads are so retarded. i'm not a competitor and i don't use rearfill.

Eugenics is offline Princess

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i like rear fill, i also don't like people shoving things down my throat.

crunktimes . com/ct

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I dont have rear fill. If I did it would be blaring right at my left ear. Not good...

IMO, rear fill is good for 5.1 systems and nothing else. If you have a proper front stage you wont need any rear fill.

iceteebone is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

i tried rearfill once, and with my frontstage and sub, i didn't even hear or notice it, so that leads me to believe people aren't imaging right if they need rearfill

Louisiana_CRX is offline dem shoes......

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Is a 6 pack in the back deck with a 920w power acoustik amp considered rear fill?

Current 2010 Louisiana USACi State Records :

Trunk 0-1000.................. 151.3
    StreetBeat 2................... 145.6
    Stock 1801-up.................153.8
    SuperStock 1801-up..........154.2
    Top three in 11 out of 26 power classes and Louisiana USACi Points Leader at 465

JimJ is offline Tangled Up in Blue

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

My rear fill would be 12 feet behind me...I don't even want to think about the phase and spatial issues that would create.

MBrock4u is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I agree with iceteebone. This could certainly be the case in some instanses. There are other reasons for having rear fill. Passengers! People who ride in my car really get to enjoy my system more. Alot of people don't care about that in their car and thats fine. It all goes back to what your needs are and what you are trying to acomplish.

James Bang is offline Hand/Ear Coordination

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I personally don't have a rear fill. I also don't see why the rear passengers still can't enjoy your system. I've sat in the back to test that out and i still hear the fronts fine. the imaging was off, but it wasn't bad.

Savstyle is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MBrock4u View Post
    I agree with iceteebone. This could certainly be the case in some instanses. There are other reasons for having rear fill. Passengers! People who ride in my car really get to enjoy my system more. Alot of people don't care about that in their car and thats fine. It all goes back to what your needs are and what you are trying to acomplish.
    bah, its the drivers system not the people riding with him. With a well setup frontstage rearfill is barely noticable(sp?), or it completly jacks up your soundstage.

EDIT: and im far from competition status

They Call Me DARKNESS

Gamertag: Savstyle

SQBubble is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

running 4 nice amplified component in stock location(2front, 2back) is actually nice when you dont have a sub, gives a surround feeling, loud, clear, feels like in a nightclub, and thats what alot of people want in their car.

each one his own.

nVRuckus is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

my backseat is always full so since that is the case I use rear deck for them. too lazy to build door pods in the rear doors

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast