Closed Thread

Reload Thread: 6x9 box?

AsphyxiA is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

6x9 box?

Hey,

So I have a 98 Accord 2 door and I have my Alpine Type R 6x9's in the rear deck.

A few questions for you guys

1) I'm going to buy the Dynamat Extreme Door kits, the 2 10x10 baffles for both my front 6.5 components and the rear 6x9's. Good idea? Everything i've read said it makes a world of difference, but I would feel better hearing it again since i'm on a tight budget.

2) Should I craft some form of box for my 6x9's? Would they sound better in a dynamat'd box then then do with the 10x10 sheet and being mounted in the stock location in the rear deck?

Right now they basically resonate into the trunk, which does sound good, but maybe a little too much space? I'm not very knowledgable on speakers or acoustics as you can tell, but I like good sound. At the same time, I don't need great sound. I don't run a sub because the midbass and bass from my 6x9's is more then enough for me. But would a decent sized box that I could attach to the stock plate be a good idea? Should it be vented or anything?

Thanks

dflw_99 is offline Kicker Ownage

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: 6x9 box?

my personally think 6x9 are a waste if your trying for rear-fill. in my cases unless your have a powerful 6x9, builing a box for it anit going to do anything but make your lose some of the low-end. unless its made for a box of course.

MrSwiss is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

my 6x9s are boxed and they sound much better in them. unfortunately, they have an hpf on them and it really doesnt matter now hehe

T3mpest is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Most car speakers are designed for IB use, meaning they dont' require or want an enclosure. You'll also lose the low end too. If your on a tight budget, don't get dynamat extreme, that's about as ovepriced as you can get. Pick up a roll of raamat. It's nearly as effective, but much cheaper, price/performance it rolls all over dynamat, no pun intended.

DejaWiz is offline Speaker Bee-otch

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yeah, don't enclose them. You'll lose tons of bottom end response. My friend did this with a set of Kenwood 5 way 6x9's (which actually had very decent bottom end for being driven off HU power and a bit of EQ) in an old Accord he had. I kept telling him to mount them in the rear deck and not mess with boxes. He didn't listen, and the music suffered. Since he had a cheaper set of Pioneer 5.25" up front, it sounded like these were the only speakers doing all the work. The rears sounded like they were just producing high range, which sounded like complete crap.

You amping those Type R's?

2010 Kia Forte SX
    2009 Kia Borrego EX 4x4

Setting Amp Gains:
    http://s13.zetaboards.com/Den_of_Dragons/topic/508709/1/

References
    Bought from: jacobcopeland87, 95bat, alxmlr789, na_rsx

AsphyxiA is offline Junior Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yeah, i'm amping them.

I have the Alpine MRP-F450 75x4 RMS amp.

The speakers sound terrific, but i'm very picky when it comes to vibrations. (which is why i don't have a sub) Right now, when I have the volume past 15/16 any song with alot of bass will rattle. It REALLY bugs me.

I was hoping the dynamat would help.

The main vibration is in my front door panels. Because the Type R 6.5's are 3" deep, I had to create a MDF baffle to hold them without hitting the glass.

The rear deck produces alot of bass but you can hear the vibrations back there aswell.

Would you think dynamating with the 10x10" extreme speaker kits would help in this situation?

I've never used dynamat before. Would you suggest using the cheaper stuff instead? Does it really matter when you are only creating a baffle for the speaker?

thanks

DejaWiz is offline Speaker Bee-otch

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AsphyxiA View Post
    I was hoping the dynamat would help.

The main vibration is in my front door panels. Because the Type R 6.5's are 3" deep, I had to create a MDF baffle to hold them without hitting the glass.

The rear deck produces alot of bass but you can hear the vibrations back there aswell.

Would you think dynamating with the 10x10" extreme speaker kits would help in this situation?

I've never used dynamat before. Would you suggest using the cheaper stuff instead? Does it really matter when you are only creating a baffle for the speaker?

thanks
    www.raammat.com

Better value than Dynamat.

2010 Kia Forte SX
    2009 Kia Borrego EX 4x4

Setting Amp Gains:
    http://s13.zetaboards.com/Den_of_Dragons/topic/508709/1/

References
    Bought from: jacobcopeland87, 95bat, alxmlr789, na_rsx

G00SE is offline Taking Baby Steps

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If u want best performance go with Second Skin. But if ur on somekind of budget or want good perofmance that is cheaper go to Raammat. Dynamat is overpriced.

Railrocker is offline Sie mich hören?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

And yes dampening material always helps.

Closed Thread