Closed Thread

Reload Thread: 8's or enclosure for the door

audiobahnuser18 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

8's or enclosure for the door

Hey guys was think'n bout putting some 8's in my doors but i was wondering can i run them right off the HU's power or do i have to get a small amp to run them ? or would it just be better to make an enclosure for my alpine 6.5 2 way coaxials which do you think would be better. Space is no problems in my doors i have moved stuff around for the alpines that i have already put in so space is not problem at all let me know ThX.

Refs
    Bigjon47 , JohnnyBussa , Mike Dressure , BTLking , Myjaja , Tapout , prowler573 , mommyvan , R-sosa , Audio Master , 95BlackGA , wu501 , Nismos14 , HawaiianBassHed , ECS23 , Bagged96Chevy, Donpisto , the other mike kmanian bumpin buick dumple wrench , guy , blazinb2000 , teen , phl1ser , Loud3 , Plyer3 , LazyRider , Jk32sho , MacQ32
    TreZ0r Is a lieing piece of sh*t scum bag SCAMMER!!!!

REBUILDING IT ALL
    REFS:http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=353034

CJL
    CJL is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: 8's or enclosure for the door

Quote Originally Posted by audiobahnuser18 View Post
    Hey guys was think'n bout putting some 8's in my doors but i was wondering can i run them right off the HU's power or do i have to get a small amp to run them ? or would it just be better to make an enclosure for my alpine 6.5 2 way coaxials which do you think would be better. Space is no problems in my doors i have moved stuff around for the alpines that i have already put in so space is not problem at all let me know ThX.
    it would prollt depend on the RMS of the sub but running an amp would prolly be the best bet

REFS:
    eatank,mikescanlon,BoominBeast,Pistonsfan70,90accordman,bizflawless,Mazdakid,Boyle465,LiquidClen,dman4486,
    KickerSoItBump, SPY,1000101,infamous_e46

Bought-Sold-Traded

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

alright was thinkn bout getn some polk momo 8's and putting em in the doors the alpine 2 way coaxial's give great sound don't get me wrong but no bass what so ever in the door's or would it be the same to just build a custom enclosure for the type s's? there 6.5 2way coaxial's 250 watts im thinkn just put a small 100rms amp or something like that to them ?

Refs
    Bigjon47 , JohnnyBussa , Mike Dressure , BTLking , Myjaja , Tapout , prowler573 , mommyvan , R-sosa , Audio Master , 95BlackGA , wu501 , Nismos14 , HawaiianBassHed , ECS23 , Bagged96Chevy, Donpisto , the other mike kmanian bumpin buick dumple wrench , guy , blazinb2000 , teen , phl1ser , Loud3 , Plyer3 , LazyRider , Jk32sho , MacQ32

REBUILDING IT ALL

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

by the way Cj one nice whip as an avatar u got there

Refs

REBUILDING IT ALL

CJL
    CJL is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by audiobahnuser18 View Post
    by the way Cj one nice whip as an avatar u got there
    Me like teh Charger

REFS:
    eatank,mikescanlon,BoominBeast,Pistonsfan70,90accordman,bizflawless,Mazdakid,Boyle465,LiquidClen,dman4486,
    KickerSoItBump, SPY,1000101,infamous_e46

Bought-Sold-Traded

jeeper07 is offline Rebuilding&Reconstruc ting

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

if u do 8s u need to find a tweeter and cross over and you will need an amp

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/buyer-seller-feedback/211887-jeeper07-feedback.html

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Alright i thought that i would of but i was not sure ThX for that info but what would be a good cheap amp then to run to the type s coaxials its just when i play em i mean they got great sound quality but the bass on em blows i know my subs pound but i mean just to have a lil kick up front in the doors would be nice ya know

Refs

REBUILDING IT ALL

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Here's the specs on the alpine speakers i got in the doors

Specs: Rms 50 watts i know sad but they sound good but the peak power on em is going to be 250 let me know hoping to spend cheap on this amp doesn't have to be the best but u know something decent that will give em a lil bit of kick post up guys

Refs

REBUILDING IT ALL

Closed Thread