Closed Thread

Reload Thread: 1999 Jeep Cherokee Back Speakers Issues

Kristic is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1999 Jeep Cherokee Back Speakers Issues

I recently bought a 1999 Jeep Cherokee. Its a nice ride, but the sound system on it is almost nonexisitant. I was able to replace the head, and now I'm moving onto the speakers. Well, it is a jeep with only 2 front speakers, nothing in the back. I would love to put some speakers in the back, ideally some 6"x9"s. But I am unsure on where I would put these speakers. I looked in the back doors, and there doesnt seem to be a place for the speakers. Basically, I just would like to know if there is some easy way to fix this issue I have. Is there places were these speakers would go that I completely missed. And if there is, do you think that it is already wired? Thanks for all your support, I've looked for info, and turned up empty handed.

beckSHO is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: 1999 Jeep Cherokee Back Speakers Issues

Quote Originally Posted by Kristic View Post
    I recently bought a 1999 Jeep Cherokee. Its a nice ride, but the sound system on it is almost nonexisitant. I was able to replace the head, and now I'm moving onto the speakers. Well, it is a jeep with only 2 front speakers, nothing in the back. I would love to put some speakers in the back, ideally some 6"x9"s. But I am unsure on where I would put these speakers. I looked in the back doors, and there doesnt seem to be a place for the speakers. Basically, I just would like to know if there is some easy way to fix this issue I have. Is there places were these speakers would go that I completely missed. And if there is, do you think that it is already wired? Thanks for all your support, I've looked for info, and turned up empty handed.
    I would recommend you replace your front speakers first. Also, lots of people around here don't even use rear speakers. Just a couple thoughts.

What year is your jeep? I used to have a 96 Sport, 3" lift with 31" all-terrains. That was a fun vehicle.

1998 Jeep Cherokee Sport
    Head Unit: Pioneer Premier DEH-P880PRS
    Mids: Seas ER18RNX's
    Highs: LPG 25NFA's
    Mids & Highs Amp: Phoenix Gold x200.4
    Subs: Two Image Dynamics IDQ12V2's
    Sub Amp: Hifonics BXi 1206D

Kristic is offline Junior Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: 1999 Jeep Cherokee Back Speakers Issues

Quote Originally Posted by beckSHO View Post
    I would recommend you replace your front speakers first. Also, lots of people around here don't even use rear speakers. Just a couple thoughts.

What year is your jeep? I used to have a 96 Sport, 3" lift with 31" all-terrains. That was a fun vehicle.
    First Sentence of my post. Its a 1999.

I am considering lifting mine a bit aswell. but thats a costly project

Closed Thread