Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Components or a subwoofer...?

bobby_7 is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Components or a subwoofer...?

so im getting a new car and since i have moved off to college, i can't really turn up my stereo as it is just an open door for someone to break into my car and steal it, so i am thinking of going pure SQ, not SQL

anyway, i have a 13Ov.2 that i just bought and i am thinking about selling it and buying some components in the $120 range....

so should i sell my sub and get components or should i keep the sub and save up for some components??

another idea i thought of was to buy some used components or some DIY components for about $50 and then get an AA Assassin and that would equal about $120 and i think it might be a good start to an SQ system.....any ideas??

Towncar is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Components or a subwoofer...?

Quote Originally Posted by bobby_7 View Post
    so im getting a new car and since i have moved off to college, i can't really turn up my stereo as it is just an open door for someone to break into my car and steal it, so i am thinking of going pure SQ, not SQL

anyway, i have a 13Ov.2 that i just bought and i am thinking about selling it and buying some components in the $120 range....

so should i sell my sub and get components or should i keep the sub and save up for some components??

another idea i thought of was to buy some used components or some DIY components for about $50 and then get an AA Assassin and that would equal about $120 and i think it might be a good start to an SQ system.....any ideas??
    Go diy, that way you can have your whole system.

Quote Originally Posted by Terranova View Post
    The gain is set around 750 right now. I need to get together with my buddy and plug his stethoscope in to set it to 1000.
    Quote Originally Posted by infamous_e46 View Post
    Start fcking one of the guys in the *** to make her jealous

JimJ is offline Tangled Up in Blue

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I liked your last idea the best.

alphakenny1 is offline LOTUS FTW!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

yea i say go DIY route and buy the assassin. but also remember you probably would need an HU that has a 3 way xover.

some very good options within your price range:
    mids - dayton rs180, AA poly mid (never heard either of them but read good review on them and fall within your price range) about $35 a speaker.
    Tweets - LPG 25nfa or Seas 27AFNC/G (owned the lpg's and never heard the seas) roughly $29-$43 a tweet.

W200/H701
    Dyn MW160/Lotus RM110/Seas Neo Alum/Idmax
    Alpine PDX

References
    RoudyruffKK, mattmcss, BLD 25, 02corvette
    bjfish11 ,slain93gsr, DJGTSR, flakko, FoxPro5
    2.2l integra, rawdogj, guy022077, bumpn_gt
    lowlinc, rocky 59, alann, ECA, DIYMA

bay area people need some custom work done? pm me. here's some work that we've done:
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/151662/1
    http://s15.photobucket.com/albums/a3...man52/Install/
    http://www.v6performance.net/forums/...ad.php?t=76937

bobby_7 is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i was thinking maybe going with a mach 5 audio midbass and tweets....i have no idea....

i can pick up an assassin 10 for $70 or i can go with an assassin 12 for $90 and i already have a 2 cube box @ 29Hz for a 12 that i could slap it in so that i dont have to build a box right now....i think i'll go with the 10 but who knows

my HU is a Panasonic CQ-8100U or something like that, it has a lot of options, but i dont know about a 3-way xover...

if i get one of the speakers you recommended, im looking at $70 just for midbass, and then another $60 for tweets, so i'll have to go cheaper than that

Closed Thread