Closed Thread

Reload Thread: First audio system purchase, what to buy?

Frankensuby is offline I'm in Ur F0rumZ

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Icon32 First audio system purchase, what to buy?

Hey guys, I'm new to the forums here. I'm currently on the prowl for a set of speakers with my system upgrade. I need some help on final decisions, if you guys don't mind

My music preference is a 50/50 split of rock(i.e: Rob Zombie, Disturbed, Korn, Slipknot, Nonpoint, etc...) and faster beat techno, BT, Oakenfold, Tiesto, etc. I need a good mix of mids and a little bit of lower. All of this for hopefully under 1k.

So far, in my car I currently already have and installed a Pioneer Deh6800MP HU, 16 Gauge wire through the entire car, and an Audiobahn A6104T (75x4 @ 4ohms). I have 60 square yards of Raamat being ordered after Wednesday (Rick is moving locations, so he told me to get back to him Wednesday), and all I need is 2 pair of speakers.

For the fronts I was thinking A set of Type R Alpines SPR-17LS, which I have heard have decent lower response and a nice Silk dome tweeter. For the rear I would like to get the MMC525's.

Do you think these speakers will work well together?

For low end, I have a Kicker CVR10 that I am going to install when I am done deadening and installing the speakers. It'll be in the spare tire compartment, stealth style

So what's the verdict?

Edit:
    The Amp cost 150$
    Wiring 30$
    HU 200$
    Deadener will be 130$
    Type R's can be had for 170$ E-bay stores
    MMC525's can be had for 110$ at certain places.

that gives me about 800$ into system total, which would be 200$ below my total plan budget.
    Last edited by Frankensuby; 08-13-2006 at 07:54 PM. Reason: prices

guy022077 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: First audio system purchase, what to buy?

Disturbed, Korn, SLIPKNOT, Nonpoint, is what i kisten too and ill say dump the R's and get the X's mine rock, since ive never heard audiobahn i wont say dont get it, and ive got a kicker cvr sittin on the floor that ive never heard so i wont say dont get that. but i will say the type X's comps sound awesome

refs
    negativezeroz,raven2201,perrydog,mikescaleon,bring 97,spicemonster, pesteele,vladd,
    thugpassion,bimma85,vilinz1,kingfotheparkinglot,kr ouchchocolate,metalmaxima,lax916,NoXious
    ,vosschs,JL12W7INAGS300,LeX,phattonydemarocoX2,msi mon,dirtysouth05,khail19,dleccordX2
    ,ownage9,mountaineerman,meka,pener, jay spec,goose5741,prochobo,99StangGt,Digital B,flixpink,recordholder7
    ,FoxPro5X2,spudracer326,jeeper07,stuckinok,RaGe420 ,eatankX2,kevin85193,duckfart,prochobo,jacka,lilwh eezy7d5,james33440,
    matrxx dudeX2,Blados,grandam123,hemiscott,matt_martin87
    i make mdf rings

pioneer deqp7000 for sale 209 shipped obo trades ok

Frankensuby is offline I'm in Ur F0rumZ

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yea, after I bought my Audiobahn, people told me it might have been a mistake. Apparently certain models had burning up issues. So it dropped them down the quality totem pole. I've had the amp in the car for about 4 months now, hooked into stock speakers, with gain up all the way (but I didn't abuse the radio knob, I'm not burning anything up prematurely) and have had no issues except for a whine issue, which is bad Subaru ground system. *Big 3 here I come!*

As for X'es, 450+ for a set of comps is half of my total project, without the deadener or the rear drivers. Can't afford that, sorry. Purchasing a brand new car limits my budget

guy022077 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

pm sent dude

refs
    negativezeroz,raven2201,perrydog,mikescaleon,bring 97,spicemonster, pesteele,vladd,
    thugpassion,bimma85,vilinz1,kingfotheparkinglot,kr ouchchocolate,metalmaxima,lax916,NoXious
    ,vosschs,JL12W7INAGS300,LeX,phattonydemarocoX2,msi mon,dirtysouth05,khail19,dleccordX2
    ,ownage9,mountaineerman,meka,pener, jay spec,goose5741,prochobo,99StangGt,Digital B,flixpink,recordholder7
    ,FoxPro5X2,spudracer326,jeeper07,stuckinok,RaGe420 ,eatankX2,kevin85193,duckfart,prochobo,jacka,lilwh eezy7d5,james33440,
    matrxx dudeX2,Blados,grandam123,hemiscott,matt_martin87
    i make mdf rings

pioneer deqp7000 for sale 209 shipped obo trades ok

Closed Thread