Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Multi amps for speakers?

Demi is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Multi amps for speakers?

Ive been looking at alot of peoples setups on here and most use two amps for their speakers and a seperate amp for the subs. I have a Pioneer 320W something or other (i will go look tomorrow) running the four speakers i have in now. Im upgrading all the speakers in my car before too long and adding a set of compents. Is it not wise to run all six off of one amp? I am running all four now bridged from the two channel pioneer, and i had every intention of running the added comps off the same amp and terminals. Is this a bad idea? Do i need another amp?

squeak9798 is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Multi amps for speakers?

It's a bad idea because there is no need for that many speakers.

The component set up front, and one pair of rear speakers is all that is needed. Any more than that is simply going to do more harm than good.

Also....just for clarification...you have four speakers in your car right now...and you have the amplifier bridged to all four? As in, you only have two speaker connections at the amplifier...the positive from one channel and the negative from the other channel? You do realize that music is stereo, correct? I.E. Independent left and right channels.

If the above is the case....do not connect the new speakers in this manor. You are completely destroying the sound of your system.

Demi is offline Senior VIP Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Uh...............yeah i guess i am. Hadnt given much thought before now, but yeah. Im running mono. Hmm, recon ill fix that tomorrow. How are more speakers doing more harm than good?

squeak9798 is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Demi View Post
    How are more speakers doing more harm than good?
    More speakers means more point sources for a much less coherent sound, aswell as more phasing interactions which will create larger problems in the frequency response.

Closed Thread