Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Need help with a component set up!!! PLEASE READ!

MA$E is offline CANT MOB LIKE ME

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Need help with a component set up!!! PLEASE READ!

a few questions i have reguarding my component system setup.....please read and answer what u can, thanks

right now im in the process of gettin my system set up, i already got my subs, cap, amp, and deck, and right now im lookin for some components. Ive been hearin a lot of stuff like not to worry about ur back stage cuz the front is all that matters, but i want my ***** to be loud and sound as good for the people in the back as it does for the people in the front. Ive just recently started lookin into these idea's so bear with me if they **** or arent possible.

first idea for rear stage

for the back stage i want to add some 6x9 components and really have no idea where to add the tweeter. this spot is right above the 6x9 (which is facing upward) and the tweeter would be hanging where the red circle is but at an angle, which would be right behind the ears of whoever is in the back of my car.

second idea for the back stage tweeter placement.

for this one, i have the tweeter set up infront of the back passagers and the tweeter would be facing them as well. *Dont know if this idea would work, cuz the 6x9 would be about 3 feet away from the tweeter and im not sure if thats gonna make a big difference or not, but im guessin it will.

for the front stage.... i already have some stock components but really want to upgrade, so once i do that im just goin to keep the same setup as the stock ones which is speaker in the door and tweeter right above it.

second front stage setup? what u think? good idea or not? im goin to be running four speakers in the front no matter what, either 2 component systems or just 1 with 2 extra speakers. this is where the 2 other speakers will be goin in a custom speaker box which is marked in red.

...yes i know my car is a little dirty but im cleanin it tomorrow

anyways i dont know where to place the tweeters for this set up (if i go with components) but i was thinking of somewhere on my dash, like right under my deck? i unno, still thinkin of where to put them if i get another component system.

so let me know what you guys think of this idea, good or bad. Im really lookin into some CDT's for the front stage and some JL's for the back, and for the 2 extra ones in front, just some cheap pioneers i guess. Im also open to newer ideas for components so please let me know.......also, my car is a 2002 buick lesabre, if that helps any thanks

sorry for typin too much in advance

OCURIEL is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Need help with a component set up!!! PLEASE READ!

As far as using 2 components in the front - bad choice imo.
    Run a single quality component set. deaden your doors & you should be very happy. Do not mount tweeters in center of dash. This will not sound good.

If your looking to have 2 woofers in the front, you might consider running a 3-way component set which consists of a dedicated midbass woofer, tweeter & midrange speaker. More work & does require a little bit of knowlegde as far as mounting locations to get the best soundstage.

As far as the rear, mount the tweeter as close as possible to the speaker. will sound better to the rear listeners.

Good luck.

headless is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Both your second set of midrange woofers and tweets in the middle like that are going to screw your stereo separation up totally, imo, if you put them where you've got marked...and i dunno about cancellation, but i've read you generally want your sources of identical frequencies as close together as possible

Eclipse CD7000 - RioCar Empeg 3
    Rainbow Powerline CS 275.27 / Arc Audio 4150 XXK (Woofers) - Arc Audio 2100 XXK (Tweeters)
    Rainbow Vanadium 12 x2 / Arc Audio 1500 XXK
    Quote Originally Posted by TEAM HAMMER
    Your so full of Crap! The last place you want a Midbass or Sub is in front of you Retard Whens the last time you seen a 12in+ sub up front?
    Quote Originally Posted by bdawson72
    Technically, bigger wire has more resistance.

squeak9798 is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MA$E View Post
    but i want my ***** to be loud and sound as good for the people in the back as it does for the people in the front.
    My honest suggestion....just get a set of decent co-axials for the rear. I'm sure the rear seat passengers aren't going to be critically analyzing the sound quality of your rear speakers. To the average listener, a decent set of co-axials will have more than enough "sound quality". This likewise solves some issues for you (like where to place the tweeters) and puts a little bit of money back into your pocket, by way of allowing you to spend less money on the rear speakers.

first idea for rear stage

http://img79.imageshack.us/img79/9581/backtweetun2.jpg

for the back stage i want to add some 6x9 components and really have no idea where to add the tweeter. this spot is right above the 6x9 (which is facing upward) and the tweeter would be hanging where the red circle is but at an angle, which would be right behind the ears of whoever is in the back of my car.
    Bad idea....tweeter would be firing directly into the ear of the rear seat passenger. You would have to heavily attenuate the output level of the tweeter in order for it to not cause severe annoyance to the rear seat passengers.

Not to mention the difference in distance and direction from the mid to the tweeter in relation to the listener would cause a very incoherent sound.

second idea for the back stage tweeter placement.

http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/1081/backtweet2gq8.jpg

for this one, i have the tweeter set up infront of the back passagers and the tweeter would be facing them as well. *Dont know if this idea would work, cuz the 6x9 would be about 3 feet away from the tweeter and im not sure if thats gonna make a big difference or not, but im guessin it will.
    You are right. Much bigger problem with the distance and direction of the mid and tweeter in relation to the listener. Plus that would place the tweeter too close to the front seat passengers.

second front stage setup? what u think? good idea or not?
    Not.

im goin to be running four speakers in the front no matter what,
    Why? A good component set properly powered and installed will get extremely loud. Adding more speakers only decreases the quality of the sound. More point sources for a less coherent sound. More phasing issues which will cause large peaks and dips in the frequency response. Lack of imaging and staging. The list goes on......

The most...the most, I would possibly do is run a 2nd set of mids. And DO NOT place them in the middle of the car if you do this. Find a way to mount them either in the doors with the 1st set or in the kickpanels. Two sets of tweeters is completely unnecessary. Two mids will likely be unnecessary aswell however, and will sound horrible if done improperly.

Or, do as was mentioned above and run a 3-way component set. Just be sure to install them properly....with NONE of the speakers mounted in the middle of the car. Either the doors or kickpanels. Nowhere else.

either 2 component systems or just 1 with 2 extra speakers. this is where the 2 other speakers will be goin in a custom speaker box which is marked in red.

http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/9...ertweettf6.jpg
    Horrible location. Don't do it.

Unless you are able to run a processed center channel, that will do well more harm than good. Sound is stereo...separated left and right channels. Running non-center channel processed speakers in the middle of your car like that will completely screw up any sense of stereo separation you could have, making the music sound extremely unnatural and completely different than what the artists intended the music to sound like. It will sound horrible. Imaging will be nonexistant aswell.

It may be "louder" that way....but it would sound horrid.

anyways i dont know where to place the tweeters for this set up (if i go with components) but i was thinking of somewhere on my dash, like right under my deck?
    Horrible idea. Read the above.

still thinkin of where to put them if i get another component system.
    Don't buy them in the first place.

Problem solved

and for the 2 extra ones in front, just some cheap pioneers i guess.
    That would sound even worse.

Don't mix co-axials with components for the frontstage. On top of the problems I mentioned above, the relative difference in quality between the two speakers would cause sound problems.

Mixing components and co-axials for the frontstage and rear fill is a big of a problem (as far as rearfill goes, which I'm not a fan of). But don't mix them both into your frontstage alone.

MA$E is offline CANT MOB LIKE ME

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by squeak9798 View Post
    My honest suggestion....just get a set of decent co-axials for the rear. I'm sure the rear seat passengers aren't going to be critically analyzing the sound quality of your rear speakers. To the average listener, a decent set of co-axials will have more than enough "sound quality". This likewise solves some issues for you (like where to place the tweeters) and puts a little bit of money back into your pocket, by way of allowing you to spend less money on the rear speakers.

Bad idea....tweeter would be firing directly into the ear of the rear seat passenger. You would have to heavily attenuate the output level of the tweeter in order for it to not cause severe annoyance to the rear seat passengers.

Not to mention the difference in distance and direction from the mid to the tweeter in relation to the listener would cause a very incoherent sound.

You are right. Much bigger problem with the distance and direction of the mid and tweeter in relation to the listener. Plus that would place the tweeter too close to the front seat passengers.

Not.

Why? A good component set properly powered and installed will get extremely loud. Adding more speakers only decreases the quality of the sound. More point sources for a less coherent sound. More phasing issues which will cause large peaks and dips in the frequency response. Lack of imaging and staging. The list goes on......

The most...the most, I would possibly do is run a 2nd set of mids. And DO NOT place them in the middle of the car if you do this. Find a way to mount them either in the doors with the 1st set or in the kickpanels. Two sets of tweeters is completely unnecessary. Two mids will likely be unnecessary aswell however, and will sound horrible if done improperly.

Or, do as was mentioned above and run a 3-way component set. Just be sure to install them properly....with NONE of the speakers mounted in the middle of the car. Either the doors or kickpanels. Nowhere else.

Horrible location. Don't do it.

Unless you are able to run a processed center channel, that will do well more harm than good. Sound is stereo...separated left and right channels. Running non-center channel processed speakers in the middle of your car like that will completely screw up any sense of stereo separation you could have, making the music sound extremely unnatural and completely different than what the artists intended the music to sound like. It will sound horrible. Imaging will be nonexistant aswell.

It may be "louder" that way....but it would sound horrid.

Horrible idea. Read the above.

Don't buy them in the first place.

Problem solved

That would sound even worse.

Don't mix co-axials with components for the frontstage. On top of the problems I mentioned above, the relative difference in quality between the two speakers would cause sound problems.

Mixing components and co-axials for the frontstage and rear fill is a big of a problem (as far as rearfill goes, which I'm not a fan of). But don't mix them both into your frontstage alone.
    HOL - LEEEEEEEEEEEEE **** THATS ALOT OF READING! hahaha but yeah thanks for the heads up. like i said, i was just testing some new ideas and from what ive heard from this site and a few others, i wont be runnin 2 sets of components in the front and or in the back. BUT..... i have a new idea for some speakers! lol

I really wanna have 4 6x9's runnin in the back but i dont wanna have to cut up the plastic/metal frame in the back of my car under my back window. i was thinkin of throwin 2 6x9's in the regular back stage spot and then running 2 6x9's (or some 5 1/4's) in the trunk, installed in my sub woofer box. I have 2 15's in the back and im not sure if imma have room for the speakers, but like i said, its just some ideas im messin around with and i do want my car to be loud as possible, reason why i want my system to be so loud, well me and my friends have a bet, one of my friends had a clean *** system and was probably the loudest in my city, i loved the way it sounded, but i think i can go louder! so we put some money on it

I love car audio and lately thats all ive been doin, my new found addiction i guess and if everything goes they way i want it, maybe i can turn this into my new hobby so thats why im testin all these new ideas of speaker setups and what not.

thanks for heads up tho, saved me time and money.

90accordman is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

they acually make 6x9 components? ewwww

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/buyer-seller-feedback/278847-90accordman-feedback.html

Prowler573 is offline R.I.P. Gossamer!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

HOL - LEEEEEEEEEEEEE **** THATS ALOT OF READING! hahaha but yeah thanks for the heads up. like i said, i was just testing some new ideas and from what ive heard from this site and a few others, i wont be runnin 2 sets of components in the front and or in the back. BUT..... i have a new idea for some speakers! lol

I really wanna have 4 6x9's runnin in the back but i dont wanna have to cut up the plastic/metal frame in the back of my car under my back window. i was thinkin of throwin 2 6x9's in the regular back stage spot and then running 2 6x9's (or some 5 1/4's) in the trunk, installed in my sub woofer box. I have 2 15's in the back and im not sure if imma have room for the speakers, but like i said, its just some ideas im messin around with and i do want my car to be loud as possible, reason why i want my system to be so loud, well me and my friends have a bet, one of my friends had a clean *** system and was probably the loudest in my city, i loved the way it sounded, but i think i can go louder! so we put some money on it
    If you're wanting to utilize the higher frequency drivers (mids and highs) in these 6x9 or 5.25" speakers then why would you place them in the trunk where their mounting location will all but eliminate them from being audible in the cabin?

I love car audio and lately thats all ive been doin, my new found addiction i guess and if everything goes they way i want it, maybe i can turn this into my new hobby so thats why im testin all these new ideas of speaker setups and what not.

thanks for heads up tho, saved me time and money.
    The addiction to car audio is an addiction with no known cure just to pass along an
    Buckle up, friend. It's gonne be a looooong ride

Refs: [CA.com] [eBay.com]

squeak9798 is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I really wanna have 4 6x9's runnin in the back
    Dammit! Just when I thought you were starting to learn

i was thinkin of throwin 2 6x9's in the regular back stage spot and then running 2 6x9's (or some 5 1/4's) in the trunk, installed in my sub woofer box.
    Please don't.

They'd be completely useless and nothing but a waste of money, time and space.

If you want rearfill, stick with simply having one pair of speakers in the rear. No more.

reason why i want my system to be so loud, well me and my friends have a bet, one of my friends had a clean *** system and was probably the loudest in my city, i loved the way it sounded, but i think i can go louder! so we put some money on it
    You can pile your entire car full of speakers, and easily win the bet. But really, what's the point? Yeah, you proved you can use lots of speakers and make the car stupid loud....but why even bother if it's horrendous to listen to? After all, that is the point of the stereo....to listen to it.

My honest advice is to forget the bet and build a stereo that you will most enjoy listening to rather than spending time and money to prove something everyone already knows.

Closed Thread