Closed Thread
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Reload Thread: Rainbow Kick...

  1. #1
    scarysoul's Avatar
    scarysoul is offline Senior VIP Member



    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Brunei
    Age
    34
    Posts
    199
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Rainbow Kick...

    planning to get the slc365 kick... i know the kick provide extra midbass... but what about the overall performance? does the kick still got the same clarity as the non-kick components?







  2. #2
    3.5Max6spd's Avatar
    3.5Max6spd is offline yo mama no wear no draws



    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Dirty Jersey
    Age
    36
    Posts
    3,767
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Rainbow Kick...

    Quote Originally Posted by scarysoul
    planning to get the slc365 kick... i know the kick provide extra midbass... but what about the overall performance? does the kick still got the same clarity as the non-kick components?
    In your case, theres no 'overall performance' to lose sleep over. You have a separate driver for each range going 3way.

    Is the Kickbass driver capable of very nice midrange? yes...

    But I believe a few bands of eq on hand could be needed. Reason? The lower frequencies boosted by cabin, reflections and door panel resonance can 'mask' your midrange. This stands true for any speaker. But because its a good efficiency, high Qts driver that will give you great performance in that range a good install/tuning is necessary to gets its very best overall performance.

    The speaker is designed not as a dedicated midbass, but as a wide range driver. From my experience it has nice midrange. Very few drivers can excel wide range in the whole spectrum. Those that have nice midbass can yield poor midrange or not play high enough, those with colorful midrange can have less than stellar midbass. The kickbass drivers are designed to give you that upper range without sacrificing the midbass performance. As a dedicated midbass IMO is as good as it gets for 6.5" driver- good efficiency, high Qtc, good powerhandling..



    rainbow....homemade sounds best
    DYNAUDIO E S O T E C....Mobile Fidelity

    Panasonic Vacuum Tube
    TRU Technology SSLD6
    TRU Technology STEEL S44 & S500
    DYNAUDIO Esotec System 362
    Dynaudio MW190 12" (x2) IB
    Stinger Expert/Esoteric Audio Isopath/Cascade


    Refs-NE14MX , jdavis37, anarchy57, mj121983 , ll kadoy ll, TheBigDu , cdj ,Kawasaki STX-R ,Fdeez ,Ksin291,meangta, lil azn 06, HAVINGFUN, Loud1500, Flipx99 , jjunior887 ,mastarecoil ,slammed , T3mpest ,westerbud, Airman21, bconn587, LexNBimmer,namike, alphakenny1, HebrewHammer,chadillac,remiserg, purerx7tt, OCURIEL, coneO,Igno,Iluvzmzm,godzukiduce,CrazedCat,skylar11 2,
    bose301s,qwertvt

  3. #3
    scarysoul's Avatar
    scarysoul is offline Senior VIP Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Brunei
    Age
    34
    Posts
    199
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Rainbow Kick...

    what about the germs? whats the difference between the CS265 & the CS465 other than the rms???




  4. #4
    ndnbolla's Avatar
    ndnbolla is offline Jigga what?



    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    paradise
    Posts
    1,673
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Rainbow Kick...

    Quote Originally Posted by 3.5Max6spd
    In your case, theres no 'overall performance' to lose sleep over. You have a separate driver for each range going 3way.

    Is the Kickbass driver capable of very nice midrange? yes...

    But I believe a few bands of eq on hand could be needed. Reason? The lower frequencies boosted by cabin, reflections and door panel resonance can 'mask' your midrange. This stands true for any speaker. But because its a good efficiency, high Qts driver that will give you great performance in that range a good install/tuning is necessary to gets its very best overall performance.

    The speaker is designed not as a dedicated midbass, but as a wide range driver. From my experience it has nice midrange. Very few drivers can excel wide range in the whole spectrum. Those that have nice midbass can yield poor midrange or not play high enough, those with colorful midrange can have less than stellar midbass. The kickbass drivers are designed to give you that upper range without sacrificing the midbass performance. As a dedicated midbass IMO is as good as it gets for 6.5" driver- good efficiency, high Qtc, good powerhandling..
    When you say dedicated, you mean to say that the 6.5" Kick only covers the mid range of 80 hz to whatever and lets the subwoofer take care of anything below it correct?

    And by tuning, I can just use the equalizer settings on my Avic-Z1 right?



    A couple of hunters are out in the woods when one of them falls to the ground. He doesn't seem to be breathing, his eyes are rolled back in his head. The other guy whips out his cell phone and calls the emergency services. He gasps to the operator: "My friend is dead! What can I do?" The operator, in a calm soothing voice says: Just take it easy. I can help. First, let's make sure he's dead? There is a silence, then a shot is heard. The guy's voice comes back on the line. He says: "OK, now what?"

  5. #5
    Flipx99's Avatar
    Flipx99 is offline Violator of Terms



    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Building 100
    Posts
    23,971
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

    Re: Rainbow Kick...

    I am wrong....nm




    Black cat, white cat...all that matters is that it catches mice. -Deng Xiaoing


    I do homework for money. I specialize in finance. PM me for estimates.

    If someone uses me as a reference, please contact me first.

  6. #6
    scarysoul's Avatar
    scarysoul is offline Senior VIP Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Brunei
    Age
    34
    Posts
    199
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Rainbow Kick...

    Quote Originally Posted by scarysoul
    what about the germs? whats the difference between the CS265 & the CS465 other than the rms???
    bump!




  7. #7
    headless's Avatar
    headless is offline CarAudio.com Elite



    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Florida (Tallahassee)
    Posts
    1,292
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Rainbow Kick...

    The cs265 is a way (2 tweets, 2 6.5" woofers) set...the 465 has 2 tw. 4 6.5" woofers. Double mid drivers...thus the increase in watt handling (extra driver to push)



    Eclipse CD7000 - RioCar Empeg 3
    Rainbow Powerline CS 275.27 / Arc Audio 4150 XXK (Woofers) - Arc Audio 2100 XXK (Tweeters)
    Rainbow Vanadium 12 x2 / Arc Audio 1500 XXK
    Quote Originally Posted by TEAM HAMMER
    Your so full of Crap! The last place you want a Midbass or Sub is in front of you Retard Whens the last time you seen a 12in+ sub up front?
    Quote Originally Posted by bdawson72
    Technically, bigger wire has more resistance.

Closed Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts

1e2 Forum