Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Eclipse Speakers

I am planning on getting an eclipse xa4000 amp. it is ~125wx4 @ 4ohms. for the front I plan on getting the sc8365 3 way components:

the rms rating is only 100w. can these easily handle 125+ watts? im sure they can.
    has anyone actually heard these? im planning on doing so before i order them, but id like to get a good review. would they sound better than my current cdt hd-62 cv's?

now i want back speakers cause the new deck doesnt go active . im really leaning toward the point source 6.5's. model number sp6500:

these have an rms rating of only 60w. will it be safe to put 120w on them? i dont know how underrated they are. of course i would keep the gains very low if not all the way down. and also, ive heard great things about these, think they sound good?

thanks

FOR SALE:Kicker 350.4 = $140 shipped, Eclipse AVN7000 = $500 shipped, Eclipse XA1000= $120 shipped, Eclipse SP6500 = $120 shipped, Eclipse SW7200 = $120 for one,$200 for two shipped, [I]

New Project: 2005 Corvette Z51: 19/20 OZ Superleggerra II Powdercoated Metallic Blackwith Metallic RedLip, Conti Extreme DW Tires, Z06 Widebody Conversion, Briiant Black Metallic Paint Job, Caravaggio Front Bumper, MCM Carbon Fiber Hood, Kooks Headers, Corsa Exhaust, Stoptech/Z06 Brakes, Bilstein Shocks,.....now onto the Interior and Stereo.
    References: Ebay username: 'm48xhp', Bought from on CA.com: 'Daniel', 'pickup1'

m48xhp is offline Project Corvette

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Eclipse Speakers

cmon, someone has to have eclipse speakers....other than the integrated series.

FOR SALE:Kicker 350.4 = $140 shipped, Eclipse AVN7000 = $500 shipped, Eclipse XA1000= $120 shipped, Eclipse SP6500 = $120 shipped, Eclipse SW7200 = $120 for one,$200 for two shipped, [I]

New Project: 2005 Corvette Z51: 19/20 OZ Superleggerra II Powdercoated Metallic Blackwith Metallic RedLip, Conti Extreme DW Tires, Z06 Widebody Conversion, Briiant Black Metallic Paint Job, Caravaggio Front Bumper, MCM Carbon Fiber Hood, Kooks Headers, Corsa Exhaust, Stoptech/Z06 Brakes, Bilstein Shocks,.....now onto the Interior and Stereo.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

A guy I worked with had those comps in his truck. I wasn't a fan . . . tweeters were kinda harsh . . . midbass was so so. For what they cost you can get better.

azbass is offline the salty ca.com mod

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i love the point source. i am actually going to run them in my front stage, active. to demo them.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SuperBlack350z
    A guy I worked with had those comps in his truck. I wasn't a fan . . . tweeters were kinda harsh . . . midbass was so so. For what they cost you can get better.
    since i work at circuit city, i doubt i can. but do they sound good? better than my CDT HD-62 CVs?

the727kid is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    20 Post(s)

I have them, and I am satisfied. You can hear me coming on the interstate.

Alarm: Viper 5902
    HU: Stock
    Front Stage:
    Tweeters: Image Dynamics CD1-Pro Mini Horns
    Mids: Sundown Neo Pro 8"
    Subs: (2) 15" Dayton HF ran IB
    Amps: (2) Kicker IX 500.4 (1) Kicker IX 1000.1
    Processor: JBL MS-8

Newb 2 Sound is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

When someone says harsh they should define it because harsh can mean so many diff. things. Superblack can you please define harsh so everyone can understand what you mean?

I have the sc8365 3 way components with the XA2000 running them and my gosh Focal Poly V3's can compete with them. I'm blown away by the stereo imaging and SQ.

I don't have rear fill speakers because I have a 2005 GMC Canyon Reg cab so I cannot commit on the rear fills.

If you haven't heard these speakers yourself find a shop that has them on display and listen to them. Listen to other components in that price range and decide that way, that's what I did and I'm totally satisfied. Remember you spending quite alot of money so the most important thing is if your happy with what you got for your hard earned money.

Mike

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Newb 2 Sound
    When someone says harsh they should define it because harsh can mean so many diff. things. Superblack can you please define harsh so everyone can understand what you mean?

I have the sc8365 3 way components with the XA2000 running them and my gosh Focal Poly V3's can compete with them. I'm blown away by the stereo imaging and SQ.

I don't have rear fill speakers because I have a 2005 GMC Canyon Reg cab so I cannot commit on the rear fills.

If you haven't heard these speakers yourself find a shop that has them on display and listen to them. Listen to other components in that price range and decide that way, that's what I did and I'm totally satisfied. Remember you spending quite alot of money so the most important thing is if your happy with what you got for your hard earned money.

Mike
    im guessing that you meant "can't" compete. if thats the case then sign me up! haha. i went to the only other eclipse dealer in town other than us yesterday and they has 0 eclipse speakers on display. i was not impressed at al with there units on display. however i did hear some focals at low volume in custom fiberglass sealed tubes. they sounded very nice. but i cant afford them so eclipse is the way to go.

how do you have the 3 speakers configured in your cab? all close together, spread out, or mid and tweet together separate from woofer?

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

ok, so new plan is to get an avn7000 with the dcu105. so we will be going active. however, this now means I need 2 4 channel amps. with the front speakers, will all three speakers take 100 watts? i want to see if i need 2 75x4 amps or 2 125x4 amps. this crap is confusing the hell out of me.

Closed Thread

User Tag List