Closed Thread

Reload Thread: could someone help me ID these speakers?

wehtx is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

could someone help me ID these speakers?

I was cleaning out my spare room and came across some car stereo stuff from a car I had 4-5 years ago and I found these speakers. They look like 6.5" co-axials and have external x-overs. They're marked "MB Quart QM 160 KN-S"

Any idea is these are good speakers or what they might be worth if I wanted to post them for sale?

Hoodlum007 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: could someone help me ID these speakers?

if they are the older mb stuff they are most likely very good speakers, mb used to be awesome back in the day and now days they are made by maxsonic and really **** in my opinion

GordonW is offline Speakerfixer

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: could someone help me ID these speakers?

VERY nice speakers. I just helped a friend install the seperate version of one of those old-school sets yesterday (QM218). Still sounds better than most of the stuff out there, even now.

Regards,
    Gordon.

red metallic is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Icon33 Re: could someone help me ID these speakers?

Quote Originally Posted by wehtx
    I was cleaning out my spare room and came across some car stereo stuff from a car I had 4-5 years ago and I found these speakers. They look like 6.5" co-axials and have external x-overs. They're marked "MB Quart QM 160 KN-S"

Any idea is these are good speakers or what they might be worth if I wanted to post them for sale?
    Those were the original "stealth" speakers from MB Quart 1993. The tweeter is the QM 19.02 NX later called the RTC19. The woofer was the QM 160 TC/S. The whole idea behind it was a coaxial that would fit behind a factory grille for stealth mounting. The larger plastic frame Quarts would not do that easily but the KN-S would because of the smaller steel frame. It was a good speaker overall.

As far as value, who knows? Whatever you can get from the right buyer. For someone wanting to do a completely old school, IASCA era system, they are perfect. There were a few who competed with them back then. Just add your Art Series PPi amp of choice.

Closed Thread