Closed Thread

Reload Thread: port area for 6.5" woofer???

heyman421 is offline Veteran Camel Master

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

port area for 6.5" woofer???

Been playing with the idea of getting a pair of tang band W6-1139SC 6.5" subs to use as midbass drivers, and with both winisd, and bassbox pro, it seems they don't reach full output until way above my target frequency range in sealed enclosures, and are much more friendly to ported boxes.

I was thinking of porting them @ 55hz, which would yield less output than tuning @60hz, but would leave me with the flexibility of running my high pass filter @ 50 or 60hz, depending on my mood.

I was curious what size port i would need to use for one driver in .5cf tuned to of course 55hz?

It will be getting 88w, which is slightly more than it's rms, but it shouldn't be a problem tuned so high/being used as a midbass driver........

My desired freq. response is 50/60-200hz

thanks.

heyman421 is offline Veteran Camel Master

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: port area for 6.5" woofer???

bassbox pro says i need a 4.25" port to reach full xmax, but that's friggin HUGE, plus it would be longer than my box, hahaha

not looking to have a port sticking out, trynig to make this look good

how much port do you need for a 10" sub? 2"? 3"?

3" will fit, but still looks huge, imo, but wondering if it's necessary!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: port area for 6.5" woofer???

POrted wasn't worth it in my experience, I can feel my 6.5's in my back when I drop them to 50, sealed in .52 cubes each.

Caraudio.com - Where the average member couldn't wire a SPST toggle if they had to.

More proof.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew_as View Post
    I need a program or something that will help me find mounting depth without having to build box and such...
    No, Andy, I'm sure the context is fine.

Closed Thread