Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Reload Thread: HLCD's + no EQ = PMB

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

HLCD's + no EQ = PMB

Just thought I'd share that these horns sound like absolute **** with no EQing....

Kill me now.... I have a **** TON of fine tuning coming my way...

Per tonight's rule:

Caraudio.com - Where the average member couldn't wire a SPST toggle if they had to.

More proof.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew_as View Post
    I need a program or something that will help me find mounting depth without having to build box and such...
    No, Andy, I'm sure the context is fine.

JimJ is offline Tangled Up in Blue

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Re: HLCD's + no EQ = PMB

Yup...horns are like that...even the Forte's need a bit of EQ'ing to tune out the room nastiness

But when you get everything right;

Earsex.

2kchevy06civic is offline Learn to swim

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

yeah......my eh2's don't sound very good, well they sound ok, but get damn loud. I'm hopin EQing will help out a lot.

T3mpest is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

sad yet true fact of life.

bumpin_blazer is offline Only the Strong Survive

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

as said it's more than worth it after the eq'ing is done right.

2006 Bright Island Blue 6s: stock 6 disc in dash, Hertz Hi-Energy 6.5" comps, MB Quart Ref 12", eclipse 5-channel sub amp.

Car mods: Lowered on Mazdaspeed springs with Koni Yellow shocks, Racing beat front/rear sway bars with AWR end links, LED turn signals, tail lights, front side markers, 18" ADR Cypher rims, 55w HID's in low beam and fogs, 5% tint all the way around. No go fast mods yet...tuning and Mazda6 don't go well together .

Steve a.k.a. ss3079: So this one lady goes, "These ignorant people who drive around blasting there music, they cant hear emergency vehicles"
    So that set me off, and I said "Well then why do they let deaf people drive?"

AOL: JmKeenen

UndercoverPunk is offline DOT

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I raised the x-over point to 3.2k and brought the mids up and they're bearable now... makes me appreciate the sound of the XT25's right out of the box now...lol

I did just "throw" them in, no re-set gains... they're getting 1/2 the power due to the ohm load and I STILL had to drop them 8-12db @ the headunit...

These things are ridiculous... I can't wait to get the DQT... I'll probably get an external crossover later that can allow me to drop them below 1k... just for shits and giggles... I didn't pay $400 for nothing

PMB=Pure Maximum Butthole BTW.

Caraudio.com - Where the average member couldn't wire a SPST toggle if they had to.

More proof.
    I need a program or something that will help me find mounting depth without having to build box and such...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

dqt ehhhh? have i mentioned i hate joo?

2006 Bright Island Blue 6s: stock 6 disc in dash, Hertz Hi-Energy 6.5" comps, MB Quart Ref 12", eclipse 5-channel sub amp.

Car mods: Lowered on Mazdaspeed springs with Koni Yellow shocks, Racing beat front/rear sway bars with AWR end links, LED turn signals, tail lights, front side markers, 18" ADR Cypher rims, 55w HID's in low beam and fogs, 5% tint all the way around. No go fast mods yet...tuning and Mazda6 don't go well together .

Steve a.k.a. ss3079: So this one lady goes, "These ignorant people who drive around blasting there music, they cant hear emergency vehicles"

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bumpin_blazer
    dqt ehhhh? have i mentioned i hate joo?
    Not until now... mortal enemies? FTW?

More proof.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

we were once allies, but now we are destined to fight a never ending battle of 2 immortals who can wang upon all those non believers in a firestorm of owls saying "orly?"
    Last edited by bumpin_blazer; 07-28-2006 at 03:04 PM.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ya rly.

More proof.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

meh fock it let's join forces and use all the owls as our *****es to do as we need to the rest of the world, sound good?

p.s.- type-o's ****
    Last edited by bumpin_blazer; 07-28-2006 at 03:04 PM.

GordonW is offline Speakerfixer

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

There is no "E" in the word "owl".

Thanks for your time.

Regards,
    Gordon.

ngsm13 is offline BSEE

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

PMB indeed.

nG

http://crunktimes.com/ct/
    nG - BSEE

springy101 is offline village idiot/racist

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bumpin_blazer
    meh fock it let's join forces and use all the owels as our *****es to do as we need to the rest of the world, sound good?
    ahahah, bumpin you must be havin to much fun with those pain pills.

I must follow in eugenics' footsteps, for he is great

Ref's: Ebay

VOA_NIGHTMARE, Blados, frankga2, allenzo, bamaboy x2, Crown_amps, violentrapture, adio x3, bumpin_blazer, fi car audio, haunther, sbcaprice305 x2

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

bahaha i got quoted in someone's signature. been a long time since that's happened. i wasn't able to sleep i caught a car auction show on speed network so i stayed up for that and then my fiance's puppies wanted attention.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast