Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Big Upgrade From Stock?

Dynasty is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Big Upgrade From Stock?

I am looking to replace my stock 4x6 front speakers. The main thing I am looking for is a noticable upgrade from the stock SQ. Will any 4x6 aftermarket speaker do that for me?

I do not want to get components (at least not now). I am only going with coaxials.

GordonW is offline Speakerfixer

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Big Upgrade From Stock?

Truthfully, 4x6 is really a 'bastard' format. It's hard to find ANYTHING that's good.

Given that, this would probably be one of the only things, I'd think would make a substantial improvement over stock, in a 4x6:

http://www.bostonacoustics.com/car/c...&product_id=82

At least it's from a good company, and has an actual soft-dome tweeter. Hard to go terribly wrong with that. No, it's still not going to have real BASS... but there again, NO 4x6 will ever "bump"!

Regards,
    Gordon.

pik
    pik is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GordonW
    Truthfully, 4x6 is really a 'bastard' format. It's hard to find ANYTHING that's good.

Given that, this would probably be one of the only things, I'd think would make a substantial improvement over stock, in a 4x6:

http://www.bostonacoustics.com/car/c...&product_id=82

At least it's from a good company, and has an actual soft-dome tweeter. Hard to go terribly wrong with that. No, it's still not going to have real BASS... but there again, NO 4x6 will ever "bump"!

Regards,
    Gordon.

I ran those Boston's for about 3 days before I found a way to make some 6.5's fit. Is this a GM front door?? you should be able to go upto 5.25 with even some basic Metra adapters. Seriously don't waste time or money on a 4x6

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

In my last chevy I found that upgrading the headunit first was more benificial then speakers first...

I ran eclipse 4x6 and polk 4x6. This was atleast 5 years ago and there are many other brands out there that will sound better.

Dynasty is offline Senior VIP Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I am not looking to get bass out of the speakers. I just want better clarity than the stockers.

If there is not a 4x6 out there that will do that then I guess I will look into the adapters to fit a bigger size speaker.

Closed Thread