Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Wow Focals RocK!!!!!!

atwistd1 is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Wow Focals RocK!!!!!!

Just swapped out the JL front stage for Focals. 6.5" coax in the doors and 4" coax in the dash both with aimable tweeters and 6.5" mids in rear doors powered by a hifonics Zeus Amp 170watts @2ohms to front and 85watts to mid bass rears. It sounds AWESOME. the clarity, imaging and definition is way way better than the JL's. I am blown away, can not even imagine how good seperates would sound if these sound this great!

Kickerkitty is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Wow Focals RocK!!!!!!

You must have thought JL could make anything better than subwoofers...

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kickerkitty
    You must have thought JL could make anything better than subwoofers...
    HAHA, No but my installer/shop that did the work did! LOL In all fairness though they were the VR series but they always sounded like a can was over them, and even with recommended power going to them, they never seemed to be able to keep up with my subs. The focals do and are even coax's to boot. imagine if i would have gone with the seperates and a bigger amp. I am really happy right now though, maybe next year will be upgrade time again. 3 sets of Focals for under $300.00 installed! sounds great right now even for 2 sets of coax's and 1 set of mid bass!

90accordman is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

what kinda car is this, im thinking about getting the coaxials instead of separates so i dont have to customize my door. Coaxials up front with XXX mids for rears in my accord is what i was thinking

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/buyer-seller-feedback/278847-90accordman-feedback.html

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 90accordman
    what kinda car is this, im thinking about getting the coaxials instead of separates so i dont have to customize my door. Coaxials up front with XXX mids for rears in my accord is what i was thinking
    02 blazer LS 4DR 4WD eclipse HU AV8012, Hifonics Amps (Brutus & Zeus) audiobahn 10" subs, custom ported box. Focal coax in front door and dash and focal mids in rear doors. alot of people are slamming me for not goin seperates but the coax's sound great and there was no cutting or customizing done, just an easy drop in and the results are great!!!!!!

Closed Thread