Closed Thread

Reload Thread: CDT audio 6.5 slim mount

aquafang is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

CDT audio 6.5 slim mount

Has anyone seen or heard these. THey look like they have a tiny magnet? How do they sound for midbass? I couldn't find any mounting depth specs or power handlin specs on their web site. Their regular 6.5 coax is 2.5" mount depth. so I'm assuning its less. If anyone has heard these I'd like to hear about them. The regual CDT 6.5's are really suppose to be nice and expecially for the price!

AphexTwin is offline Richard D. James

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: CDT audio 6.5 slim mount

I have a pair in my rear doors in my GMC Sierra. The magnet isnt that tiny. I actually think they sound very very very good for being a slim speaker the midbass is really good with a properly deadened door. On the back of mine it says 80w max 40w nom. I push them with 60 watts each. I bought them for $40 and i am very pleased with them. They add the perfect amount of rear fill (i like surround sound), highs are great and detailed. They can get loud if you need them too also.

"You ever have that feeling where you're not sure if you're awake or still dreaming?"
    "Mm, all the time. It's called Mescaline. It's the only way to fly."

The boiled juice of the cactus peyote contains the worlds highest concentration of the hallucinogen know as mescaline.
    It takes 30 years to flower.

aquafang is offline Junior Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

where on earth did you get them for $40? Is there much difference in the slims and the regular CDT's? they are both around $99/pr. Is the sound quality the same? the slims look like then have an angled tweeter and different woofer material.

AphexTwin is offline Richard D. James

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I bought them off ebay... heres a pic

slims, Carbon fiber cone and then HD-6's

The tweets on the slims are ontop of a plastic rod that can be angled slightly (maybe 15 degrees) i think the woofer material is the same as on the HD-6's

"You ever have that feeling where you're not sure if you're awake or still dreaming?"
    "Mm, all the time. It's called Mescaline. It's the only way to fly."

The boiled juice of the cactus peyote contains the worlds highest concentration of the hallucinogen know as mescaline.
    It takes 30 years to flower.

Closed Thread