Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Kenwood / Clarion Speaker Quality?

AsphyxiA is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Kenwood / Clarion Speaker Quality?

Hi

I have a friend who can get me Kenwood or Clarion products at his cost. Initially I was looking at ordering new speakers, amp and deck through Ebay, but this opportunity is easier and will probably end up saving me money after freight and duty are included (I live in Canada)

Here's my question, I know very little about Kenwood or Clarion in the speaker department... I know they both make quality HU's, but what about speakers?

To me, the price seems very high for what you are getting.
    A pair of Excelon 6x9's (KFCX698) have a list price of 423.50, and my friend can get me them for 250.

The KFCP707 6.5" component set is listed at 340 and he can get it for 200.

The amp I was looking at was the KACX451, list 543 and he get get it for 260.

How good is this equpitment, because these prices seem absolutely rediculous.... 425$ for a set of 6x9's?

The 340 for Components is not out of the ordinary, but are they good quality?

I can't say i've ever heard of good or bad review of Kenwood speakers... If anyone has tried them and has anything to offer it would be much appreciated.

To me, they seem extremely over priced, and if they were worth the money, they would be more popular....

954runner is offline just bumpin my music

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Kenwood / Clarion Speaker Quality?

Quote Originally Posted by AsphyxiA
    Hi

I have a friend who can get me Kenwood or Clarion products at his cost. Initially I was looking at ordering new speakers, amp and deck through Ebay, but this opportunity is easier and will probably end up saving me money after freight and duty are included (I live in Canada)

Here's my question, I know very little about Kenwood or Clarion in the speaker department... I know they both make quality HU's, but what about speakers?

To me, the price seems very high for what you are getting.
    A pair of Excelon 6x9's (KFCX698) have a list price of 423.50, and my friend can get me them for 250.

The KFCP707 6.5" component set is listed at 340 and he can get it for 200.

The amp I was looking at was the KACX451, list 543 and he get get it for 260.

How good is this equpitment, because these prices seem absolutely rediculous.... 425$ for a set of 6x9's?

The 340 for Components is not out of the ordinary, but are they good quality?

I can't say i've ever heard of good or bad review of Kenwood speakers... If anyone has tried them and has anything to offer it would be much appreciated.

To me, they seem extremely over priced, and if they were worth the money, they would be more popular....
    are we talking loonies or american $$$???
    get a clarion headunit, the 9455 or whatever... ive heard its good

=====================
    ///kyle

head unit eclipse 8445
    front stage diamond audio m651 components
    sub jl 12w3v2 d2
    amp jbl gto 755.6

springy101 is offline village idiot/racist

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 954runner
    are we talking loonies or american $$$???
    get a clarion headunit, the 9455 or whatever... ive heard its good
    you mean 8455? they dont make those anymore, its the cd 3000, etc.

I must follow in eugenics' footsteps, for he is great

Ref's: Ebay

VOA_NIGHTMARE, Blados, frankga2, allenzo, bamaboy x2, Crown_amps, violentrapture, adio x3, bumpin_blazer, fi car audio, haunther, sbcaprice305 x2

AsphyxiA is offline Junior Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

All figures are in Canadian dollars

I'm more interested in the quality of the speakers more than anything. By doing some research on the net, i'm getting very differing opinions on the quality of Kenwood speakers. Some say they are garbage as where other people swear by them.

I don't need "the best" sound in my car, I just want very good quality music with a nice little thump from the 6x9's.

954runner is offline just bumpin my music

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

=====================
    ///kyle

head unit eclipse 8445
    front stage diamond audio m651 components
    sub jl 12w3v2 d2
    amp jbl gto 755.6

khail19 is offline Subaru Nut

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by springy101
    you mean 8455? they dont make those anymore, its the cd 3000, etc.
    Clarion, not Eclipse.

Sold to:
    LowLinc (BA subs), ClinesSelect (MBQ amp), soul05 (Xtant sub), jmanpc (Kenwood sub), sbcaprice305 (PPI sub), DMDAKOTA (CDT KA-61), UndercoverPunk (A/D/S PQ8), hondacr125 (Pioneer DEH-1500), jciu (Clarion XDZ-716), vipervin (Eclipse 5423), LopezEL (Eclipse 8053), skydeaner (Hex mids), Raven (BP150.1), BigJoker (Clarion APA4320)

Bought from:
    iceteebone (Eclipse 8053 & 87101), NE14MX (MBQ amp), jmiller0526 (ED 9kv2), excelerater (Hex mids), JoeHemi57 (Bravox comps), LivinLife (Sony deck & Boston sub), jciu ( EU700s & plate amp)

acold7dusta is offline y they stealin my bucket?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

are those models brand new 2006? I dont know where you got those models/ prices from...but like heres the 6x9s i got and there only 98 american +shipping http://www.ikesound.com/product-product_id/3262
    also heres an excelon 6.5" comps for 160 american- http://www.ikesound.com/product-product_id/669
    if your wanna spend ~$340 on comps might as well go for the rainbow germaniums. Kenwood isnt really anything exciting, after owning ~14 different kenwood items. dont get me wrong there amazing speakers for the price, but i would NEVER pay those prices you meantioned. Keep shopping around, im sure you'll find better prices

01 Acura CL

Eclipse CD3200
    Rainbow SLC 265 Active
    Sundown: SAX-50.4D
    ..............SAE-1000D
    Diamond D6 10" d2 sub
    ...........-.80 cu. ft FG sealed

alteraudiousa is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i would not get the normal Kenwood speakers, if its a 6x9 and its a 4way setup its junk. Only get the Kenwood KFCX690( US model) iirc the model right. I sell these all day, 149.95$USD. We also carry the Canadian model 6x9 which is the KFCX6900 but i think the 690 is good enough. They are a very good performer and one of my favorites. I like Boston's too and the Pioner Rev(yellow cone) 6x9s. The components, my manager installed a set of KFCX1700P and those are quite nice with good midbass. Suprised me. SQ isn't up to my CDT's but midbass is better. I prefer Boston components, JL comps, and CDT's though over it though for SQ.

Authorized CDT dealer

Newest Setup
    Eclipse 8454
    Coustic XM6
    Concept CC-D1200
    (2) Monitor 1 MK2.70
    CDT M6 with drt-26 braxial mounted
    Hybrid Audio Legatia L3
    Stereo Integrity Mag 15

Gary S is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

See if you can get the XXV-04S kenwood component set.

Unless you are going to have a surround sound system and feed the rear 6X9's a dedicated surround signal, rear speakers will not help you and will only destroy the front sound stage. You would be better off getting the best component speakers in the front you can afford.

Closed Thread