Closed Thread

Reload Thread: rainbow slc's and dls ms6's?

ismelllikepoop is offline Poophead

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

rainbow slc's and dls ms6's?

ok i have ms6's which i like, and have no problems with except for the tweeter seems a little harsh to me. but everyone these days is busting a nut over the rainbows. are they that amazing, or would they be more of a sidestep/preference issue compared with the ms6's. when i got the dls's, everyone recommended those, and so i got them. and i hardly hear anyone saying anything about the ms6's, nor the cdt ef61's, and they are all in the similar price range.

3.5Max6spd is offline yo mama no wear no draws

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: rainbow slc's and dls ms6's?

I think the main problem here...is that you smell like poop...

rainbow....homemade sounds best
    DYNAUDIO E S O T E C....Mobile Fidelity

Panasonic Vacuum Tube
    TRU Technology SSLD6
    TRU Technology STEEL S44 & S500
    DYNAUDIO Esotec System 362
    Dynaudio MW190 12" (x2) IB
    Stinger Expert/Esoteric Audio Isopath/Cascade

Refs-NE14MX , jdavis37, anarchy57, mj121983 , ll kadoy ll, TheBigDu , cdj ,Kawasaki STX-R ,Fdeez ,Ksin291,meangta, lil azn 06, HAVINGFUN, Loud1500, Flipx99 , jjunior887 ,mastarecoil ,slammed , T3mpest ,westerbud, Airman21, bconn587, LexNBimmer,namike, alphakenny1, HebrewHammer,chadillac,remiserg, purerx7tt, OCURIEL, coneO,Igno,Iluvzmzm,godzukiduce,CrazedCat,skylar11 2,
    bose301s,qwertvt

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

anyone?

scarysoul is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

yeah, anyone? coz i'm planning to buy either those two or dls ur6... any comment?

noob with an RS is offline i poop on you

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

there are certain colognes that will dominate that poop odor.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

yes i realize my name will cause a lot of pooptastic responses, but i really would like to hear some honest opinions on the speakers.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Gimmie about 3 - 4 days, my SLC's are on the way and I will be writing and extensive review with pics and everything. Seems like theres enough people posting queries about them, so might as well do it.

If you find the dls' a tad harsh, you might like the SLC's better. From what I hear, their silk domed tweet is really easy to listen to, very natural sounding.

do a search man, theres alot of info about the SLCs if you filter through the posts.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

its not so much about finding info on the slc's, its just that NO ONE talks about the ms6's whereas like 8 months ago when i got the ms6's, that is all anyone ever talked about. are the slc's basically the new flavor of the month?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ismelllikepoop
    its not so much about finding info on the slc's, its just that NO ONE talks about the ms6's whereas like 8 months ago when i got the ms6's, that is all anyone ever talked about. are the slc's basically the new flavor of the month?
    More like the flavor of the last year....Its at a nice price point where people can try something different.

I dont get the thread however...you feeling left out? No ones talking about your speakers? Are you in this to hop on some kind of wagon? If you are happy, then why is it an issue?

You must have not been around when CDT was the major bonage because of price around here. Well theres more fish in the water...

Panasonic Vacuum Tube
    TRU Technology SSLD6

Refs-NE14MX , jdavis37, anarchy57, mj121983 , ll kadoy ll, TheBigDu , cdj ,Kawasaki STX-R ,Fdeez ,Ksin291,meangta, lil azn 06, HAVINGFUN, Loud1500, Flipx99 , jjunior887 ,mastarecoil ,slammed , T3mpest ,westerbud, Airman21, bconn587, LexNBimmer,namike, alphakenny1, HebrewHammer,chadillac,remiserg, purerx7tt, OCURIEL, coneO,Igno,Iluvzmzm,godzukiduce,CrazedCat,skylar11 2,
    bose301s,qwertvt

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 3.5Max6spd
    More like the flavor of the last year....Its at a nice price point where people can try something different.

I dont get the thread however...you feeling left out? No ones talking about your speakers? Are you in this to hop on some kind of wagon? If you are happy, then why is it an issue?

You must have not been around when CDT was the major bonage because of price around here. Well theres more fish in the water...
    I'm fine with no one talking about dls, but like i asked, are the rainbow's really the holy grail at the $200 price point, or just the next flavor of the month/year/whatever? Im guessing the latter, but just wanted to see if anyone actually compared the two.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ismelllikepoop
    I'm fine with no one talking about dls, but like i asked, are the rainbow's really the holy grail at the $200 price point, or just the next flavor of the month/year/whatever? Im guessing the latter, but just wanted to see if anyone actually compared the two.

1st off, have you tried to tune that harshness away from the ms6 tweet?More than likely its install related(position/cabin boost/reflections)

'Guessing' whether its the flavor of the month, year...whatever...will not answer you any questions.

Theres no such thing as a holy grail in the $200 price point.

No one can guarantee you that product a is better than product b. Half the people give it a decent install, half dont. More than half of them dont have a clue how to tune and expect to be blown away by simply dropping in. Trust is, its not that simple with separates.

I will take SLC's over MS6's all day everyday because I like them better, I think they sound better- i like the airiness and smooth side of the tweet, and the nice, articulate and rounded kick of the midbass. Makes for a nice listening. Our shop sells both DLS and Rainbow, and I've likely been around dozen of installs of each-after all at the price its a given. Its about preference.

When you start to compare tweeters between Rainbow and other brands currently out there, at every pricepoint rainbow has a pretty **** formidable tweet thats **** hard to pass up after you've heard it. For me it has anyways, its shaped what I perceive as a good balance of detail, intelligibility and smoothness out of a soft dome. Once you have that top end you cant wait to hear every day, all else falls in place with a good install/tuning.

Panasonic Vacuum Tube
    TRU Technology SSLD6

bose301s,qwertvt

Closed Thread