Closed Thread

Reload Thread: woe is me (need help badly)

konechiwa is offline Jeepers

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

woe is me (need help badly)

Alright. Heres the deal:

i have about 130-140ish for speakers, and the factory fit is 4x6 (**** YOU CHEVY! ) I think i can fit 6.5's, but due to the 4x6 basic factory speaker the depth is shallow. I have about 2.25ish inches, and i don't want them to show at all, and i want them to be behind he factory grilles which is basically the entire door panel.

I'm open to buying from ebay and such, and would prefer coaxils (i don't care about the components anymore). I want to have some good midbass, hopefully down to about 65Hz. I don't like metal tweets, and prefer soft and clear.

i am open to buy any brand. Oh man my front speakers ****. HORRIblY! HELP ME!!!

btw, i got my X590 installed (did it by myself). Even though i had to remove the dash, it was actually pretty simple. I Now have an aftermarket piece in my car! WOOHOO!

Thanks greatly.

JimJ is offline Tangled Up in Blue

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Re: woe is me (need help badly)

What about 4x6 plates?

Boston used to make a nice one, not sure if they're still sold, but I'm sure you can find them

CrazedCat is offline Right boot. Got it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: woe is me (need help badly)

There are 4x6 adapter plates that allow you to mount 5.25" speakers. Then just find a pair with a shallow mounting depth. CDT EF-51NEOX slim mounts first come to mind but there are others...

330i
    Eclipse | Dynaudio | Zapco | RE

refs
    3.5Max6spd, 6spdcoupe, nismos14, Drunkship, lost1700, spike_e, rcnshoe, djdilliodon, Flossinon24S, lslugz, kinglowlife, blazeplacid

Closed Thread