Closed Thread

Reload Thread: so what do i need to do?

04silverz is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

so what do i need to do?

is this a pretty common problem. it seems that wiht every sytem ive owned that my highs always get drowned out. i think its partially my fault though.
    like right now, i just got a new car and its still stock. when listening to cd's i can hear so much background stuff, like small little instrument pieces here and there, that i normally dont hear when i have a sub and comps all hooked up. especially on music such as tool, or really anything that might have a bell here or bell there.
    problem is though that i usually turn my treble down low, to like zero, bc the high pitch noises hurt my ears. if i turn it up everythnig to me seems shrill. and this is with silk tweets....
    with the factory comps everything seems so much more blended and when i turn itup it doesnt get shirll, just louder
    what do i need to look for in my next comp set? like i said im already using silk tweets and they still seem to bright. i dont want to spend a huge amount but i am able to at this point. im realy interested in the crystal sscs and rainbow slc's i think they are. they seem like not alot of money for the bang you get. but i would be willing to go higher if necessary in price. these are going to be used for the next coupole years probably so i dont want to mess up this purchase. any hlep would be great.
    again, im looking for something to where when the bass is cranking i dont lose all background noise. or is that common problem and just not someting easily attainable?

refs (from sounddomain):gerald, resonant18, puppettmaster, steedaSVT, george diaz, minimum 40, blaze1foo, negative3five
    ca.com: foxpro5, cd6551, dgr00s, 95stroked1500, 00maxima, vipervenom18, alxmlr789, Killa Camry, GA95DCMSS, cyoung88, grimreper912003, 6spdcoupe, kraudio12, MHd2000, king nothing, stephens30228, mclerico83, hip3, mylows10, fieryhooligan, plyer3, 2lo2flo, trumpet, stereohead69, 99_olds_aurora

diyma: bikinpunk, funkPnut, dman, joehemi57

CACO:coolysteve, etznova, Nori808, lowbass, edouble101, p928gts1, rdlyn13000

Trey803 is offline GAMECOCKS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: so what do i need to do?

I just bought the SLC and they do not bother my ears whatsoever. One idea would be to move your tweets lower in the door panel and dont point them directly at you.

HU: DEH-80PRS
    Doors Deadened
    Front Stage: Rainbow SLC 265
    Front Stage Amp: Image Dynamics i2600
    Sub: Dayton RSS210HF-4 8"
    Sub Amp: Image Dynamics i2300
    Wire: Knu

04silverz is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Re: so what do i need to do?

thats usually how ive always had htem
    my last car htough there wasnt much of a choice
    im more concerned with losing all the fill music that is in songs
    is that a ocmmon problemor somehting that i should be able to fix easy?

refs (from sounddomain):gerald, resonant18, puppettmaster, steedaSVT, george diaz, minimum 40, blaze1foo, negative3five
    ca.com: foxpro5, cd6551, dgr00s, 95stroked1500, 00maxima, vipervenom18, alxmlr789, Killa Camry, GA95DCMSS, cyoung88, grimreper912003, 6spdcoupe, kraudio12, MHd2000, king nothing, stephens30228, mclerico83, hip3, mylows10, fieryhooligan, plyer3, 2lo2flo, trumpet, stereohead69, 99_olds_aurora

diyma: bikinpunk, funkPnut, dman, joehemi57

CACO:coolysteve, etznova, Nori808, lowbass, edouble101, p928gts1, rdlyn13000

Closed Thread