Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Reload Thread: 500/1 w6v2 300/4 and what Components?

Nexson is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

500/1 w6v2 300/4 and what Components?

hey guys I have a jl 500/1 with a 10 w6v2 and i just ordered a JL 300/4. Now I have replaced my 4 speakers with pioneers but quicky found out that the 300/4 won't do much for them due to the fact that they can't handle and dont have a high enough rms rating. Now i was planning on doing a whole jl system, but i can't afford 4 jl component speakers. What would be a good speakers to get that would be able to compliment the 300/4? and what rms should I be looking for? I need 6.5 and 6x9. thanks guys.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: 500/1 w6v2 300/4 and what Components?

anyone

helotaxi is offline Kilroy was Here

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Use the ones you have an take it easy on the gains. With music, you'd be suprised how little power is really going to your speakers anyway. They should be fine.

Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity.

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers.

Life's tough...it's even tougher when you're stupid.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

ok, so this is the info for my speakers, does your statement still remain the same, thanks.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...uct_id=2569442

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...uct_id=2569441

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

??

bryantxii is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

dont keep the pioneers get some componets for the fronts. whats your budget?
    if your budget is real small then just get fronts, dont get rears, most say to get only fronts even if you do ahve money to spend (i like my rears). and good amount to spend on componets is around $200 for a good set of componets. if your willing to spend that much I would recommend jl xr-650csi, mb quart pce-216, cdt ef-61fg, rainbow slc 265. All can be had for around $200-250. Most will tell you to get rainbows from 6spdcoupe. if yuor budget is less than $200 then I would save up till you have enough.

Head Unit: Alpine CDA-9885
    Componet Set: Boston SPZ
    Componet Amp: Zapco Reference 350.2
    Sub: 2 Image Dynamics IDQ10V3.D4
    Sub Amp: Zapco REF1100.1

helotaxi is offline Kilroy was Here

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You can use the Pioneers until you can get componenets. They'll work fine as long as you do 3 things. First, set the gain right to prevent clipping. Second, set the highpass filter around 100hz. Third, don't go crazy with the volume.

Because of the nature of a music signal, an amp doesn['t produce anywhere near its rated power when listening. Also your speakers don't require a lot of powr to get plenty loud with music either. Most people would be suprised how little powr is actually going to their mids and highs when playing music fairly loud. It's often only in the range of 10-15W.

Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity.

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers.

Life's tough...it's even tougher when you're stupid.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

ok i see what you mean, now dont mind my lack of knowledge, but i thought components are the 4 speakers, are they the four speakers, so your saying, the amp will do something for the pioneers as along as everything is set correctly, and then when i have enough $$ just buy components. is components and speakers the same thing?
    sorry .. heh

Kaptain Kaos is offline Six Speeder

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Heya Nex! Saw that signature, and had to re-check what forum I was reading, heh

The speakers you have now are coaxials. The tweeter is mounted coaxially with the woofer. In a set of components, they are mounted separately, and have an external crossover that controls what frequencies go to which component.

I just ordered a set of Rainbow SLC components from Don (6spdcoupe). Midbass driver will go in the door speaker location, and tweeter will be 'glassed into the sail panel on the inside of the mirror.

Depending on how you like your car to sound, you could just keep the 6x9's you have now in the rear deck. As has been said before, just set the gain carefully, your 300/4 has more power available than those speakers can take.

A set of components up front would give you the best possible sound quality. That should be your first order of business. Once those are installed, then if you feel like you want more sound from the rear, upgrade the 6x9's next, maybe Pioneer REV series or something.

-Kaptain Kaos
    '06 AV6 Coupe 6MT, Nighthawk Black Pearl

In the works: JL Cleansweep, Rainbow SLCs, IDQ12

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

hehe thanks my younger brother (06) hehe, anyhow I guess ill leave the speakers in their for now and connect the amp, i know exactly where you plan to put the tweeter, i like that spot. anyhow says your in the works of a CLEANSWEEP eh? i want that, but the volume control would kill me

spudracer326 is offline has a bastard system

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

nexson are you on 7thgencivic?? eitherway talk to six speed coupe on here and get a set of rainbow slc's...they are great speakers....I wouldent worry to much about rear fill and id prolly bridge the jl to the rainbows and run the rears off the deck power if you have to have rears...in all honesty though just ditch the rear fill...

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

nah i got an accord, anyhow ill get in contact with six speed coupe, how much do they run for?

Kaptain Kaos is offline Six Speeder

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nexson
    hehe thanks my younger brother (06) hehe, anyhow I guess ill leave the speakers in their for now and connect the amp, i know exactly where you plan to put the tweeter, i like that spot. anyhow says your in the works of a CLEANSWEEP eh? i want that, but the volume control would kill me
    Actually, it's not quite as big a deal as I had thought it was. After doing a little research on the Cleansweep and the 3Sixty, I discovered I had a bit of a misconception about the separate volume control. You can still use the volume on the factory head unit, it's just that any volume-dependent equalization built into the head unit will then start to re-appear in your sound. The signal will be a flat eq at whatever head-unit volume you tuned the processor at, but when you change the head unit volume, things such as reduction of bass level at higher volumes will come back into the signal. Bass/treble controls also continue to be effective, you tune the processor with them set to 0, then any adjustments you make from there will have their normal effect.

-Kaptain Kaos
    '06 AV6 Coupe 6MT, Nighthawk Black Pearl

In the works: JL Cleansweep, Rainbow SLCs, IDQ12

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

so whats a good rear fill, with around 70 rms

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Lots of people will tell you to drop the rear fill thing altogether, since it makes things harder to tune and the imaging usually isnt as nice.

I would suggest a nicer component set for the front (Rainbow SLC's would be my choice, at 230$ US from a certain fellow here on the boards ) and if you really still want rear fill from the back, just keep your old pioneers in the back and watch your gain settings.

Alpine CDA-7995
    Rainbow SLC's
    PG Ti 400.2
    PG Ti 800.1
    Boston Pro 12.5 LF

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast