Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Reload Thread: Too much power for Germaniums?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Too much power for Germaniums?

My girlfriend's got an Eclipse PA5422 (85x4 @4 ohm) that she's looking at using to run her new Germaniums. If this were bridged, would that be too much for the Germaniums to handle? I'm figuring leaving them not bridged wouldn't be enough. These are going in Tuesday, just making sure this will be an ok setup.

Beat_Dominator is offline Yea, thats Mecha Godzilla

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Too much power for Germaniums?

So what like 160+ bridged? They would handle that I think.

Comming Spring 2009

I make rear-loaded, double crabshell, isobaric enclosures.

6spdcoupe is offline tends to get a bit cranky

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Definately not too much, but rasther than bridging why not Biamp em?

DVI-9990/TMI-M990/PXI-H990
    TRU Billet 2200 ..Dyn Esotar 1200
    TRU Billet 4100 ..Dyn Esotar110/Esotar430
    TRU Billet 4100 ..DYN MD182s

Refs:
    Way to many to list, seriously. I lost count when it passed 100

SuperBlack350z is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

And here's where I'm a noob . . . how does that work and what's the advantage?

Starky is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

6spd (^^^) tells me my 400 per side will be fine with my Germ 465.65's (2 speaker per side set)

mtdewelf is offline addicted

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SuperBlack350z
    And here's where I'm a noob . . . how does that work and what's the advantage?
    disadvantages are that you are going to spend some serious time making sure that each comp set sees the exact same signal

Human cloning is outlawed because if Chuck Norris were cloned, then it would be possible for a Chuck Norris roundhouse kick to meet another chuck Norris roundhouse kick. Physicists theorize that this contact would end the universe.

chadillac3 is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mtdewelf
    disadvantages are that you are going to spend some serious time making sure that each comp set sees the exact same signal

The original poster is only going to use one component set...which means only level matching the tweets to the mids when bi-amping.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

So . . . if I'm biamping with a four channel, I have FL, FR, RL, RR . . . obviously + and - on each. So . . . In a biamped setup, am I correct in saying that each tweeter and each woofer are its own channel? If so, on say the right side, would I run the tweeter off FR and the woofer off RR and so on a so forth for the left side? That's the only way I can see this working . . . thanks for the help!

headless is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SuperBlack350z
    So . . . if I'm biamping with a four channel, I have FL, FR, RL, RR . . . obviously + and - on each. So . . . In a biamped setup, am I correct in saying that each tweeter and each woofer are its own channel? If so, on say the right side, would I run the tweeter off FR and the woofer off RR and so on a so forth for the left side? That's the only way I can see this working . . . thanks for the help!
    You got it right, that's how you'd do it with a 4ch amp. You'll lose some power in doing so (bridged to 2channel operation pushes more power in general, and allows the speakers to split it as needed whereas the woofer can never get more than 85w in a 4ch setup 85wx4)

Eclipse CD7000 - RioCar Empeg 3
    Rainbow Powerline CS 275.27 / Arc Audio 4150 XXK (Woofers) - Arc Audio 2100 XXK (Tweeters)
    Rainbow Vanadium 12 x2 / Arc Audio 1500 XXK
    Quote Originally Posted by TEAM HAMMER
    Your so full of Crap! The last place you want a Midbass or Sub is in front of you Retard Whens the last time you seen a 12in+ sub up front?
    Quote Originally Posted by bdawson72
    Technically, bigger wire has more resistance.

AphexTwin is offline Richard D. James

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Bi-amping in a car enviroment is so stupid. Honestly do you ever see any 1 in competitions bi-amp. And out of all the company's that make components like 2 offer bi-amping. Waste of speaker wire and amp chan's.

"You ever have that feeling where you're not sure if you're awake or still dreaming?"
    "Mm, all the time. It's called Mescaline. It's the only way to fly."

The boiled juice of the cactus peyote contains the worlds highest concentration of the hallucinogen know as mescaline.
    It takes 30 years to flower.

spudracer326 is offline has a bastard system

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AphexTwin
    Bi-amping in a car enviroment is so stupid. Honestly do you ever see any 1 in competitions bi-amp. And out of all the company's that make components like 2 offer bi-amping. Waste of speaker wire and amp chan's.

you my friend are a moron.....

/story

on a side note just biamp, mine are very happy biamped off my 4150xxk

AphexTwin is offline Richard D. James

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

And i quote from axiom audio

"Bi-amping, or biamplification, is used mainly in professional sound reinforcement applications, where extremely high levels of loudness are required. Here big, separate amplifiers powering the low frequencies, and smaller amps for the midrange will increase overall output. Sometimes they will use a separate outboard electronic crossover (the speaker's internal crossover is disabled or bypassed entirely) so the operator can vary and adjust individual crossover frequencies, tailor the “slope” of the crossover to match the strengths of each set of drivers, and also adjust the relative sonic balance of bass, midrange and treble to suit the environment. This is important for huge auditoriums or outdoor events where separate arrays of treble and midrange horns are operating with big “bass bins,” but such systems have no place in domestic home theater systems in normal rooms or in car audio enviroments. Additionally, it puts control of the relative smoothness and tonal balance into the hands of the sound system operator, a dangerous tool for all but the most experienced sound reinforcement experts. It also partly explains why the live sound at so many concert events (not all, mind you) is so awful."
    On to the good stuff.
    "Will it sound any different if you biwire? Some users think it does, but I've never heard any differences, nor have any of our laboratory measurements or scientifically controlled double blind listening tests ever demonstrated there are audible differences. Axiom includes the extra terminals as a nod to those enthusiasts who believe that biwiring results in audible benefits and for the bi-ampers."

STFU K-thx

"You ever have that feeling where you're not sure if you're awake or still dreaming?"
    "Mm, all the time. It's called Mescaline. It's the only way to fly."

The boiled juice of the cactus peyote contains the worlds highest concentration of the hallucinogen know as mescaline.
    It takes 30 years to flower.

spudracer326 is offline has a bastard system

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What is described there is called running your components active, it and biamping passives are two diferent things....when running active you control the crossovr points and tonal balances with a seperate processor...when biamping passives you are simply running a channel into the tweeter input on the speakers passive crossover and a channel to the midwoofers input on the speakers passive crossover...then letting the passive crossover use its fixed points adjust where the speaker is crossed at....and it is not wortheless...go to a local competition and see how many people are running one input passives and how many are running active/biamped...you might be suprised that your so called waiste of wire is the most common as it gives the user greater control over what there speakers are doing....resulting in tonaly(sp) supperior performance....

now you can stfu and gtfo....noobx....

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well, they're in. My girlfriend is out of town and I'm surprising her with the install when she comes back. My first impressions are pretty good. I went with the biamped configuration. The one thing I didn't even think about, since I'm biamping with a 4ch, is that when i fade it front to back it fades between the woofers and tweeters (and also the stock rears which are still running off the deck). They haven't really been tuned up since I'm waiting for my g/f to tune them to her ears, but I'm thinking the stock rears are really interfering with the sq of the Germs. She doesn't want to go without rear fill (we've had this discussion), but I think this may let me convince her to disconnect them. They're just 5 1/4's very low in the rear doors, so they don't add much in terms of volume, but I really think they're taking away in terms of sq. Any opinions? Also, how long is the typical break in period for these?

MrSector9 is offline Sparkomatic Rep.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

unhook the sotckers

dont tlel her

OR attenuate them down VERY low.

References - swc204, DiabaseM (carstereos.org), ckyskater733
    NOODPOOPLER IS A PIECE OF LIE'ING BOTTOM FEEDER CRAP

Closed Thread