Closed Thread

Reload Thread: MB Quart PCE's: tweeters too shrill?

frankiebones is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

MB Quart PCE's: tweeters too shrill?

i am very close to purchasing a set of MB Quart PCE's to upgrade the far-from-top-of-the-line Pioneer TS-C160R components I have (or had, before I blew them sky high, but its my first system so...). One thing I can't stand about the Pioneers is that the tweeter is so shrill and piercing that it makes listening to music loud and painful experience, as well as making the music sound noticeably diff. from what the artist intended it to sound like. The highs are just disproportionately loud and you can only turn them down on the crossover by -3db.

I have heard some mixed things about MB Quarts. Unfortunately, I cant afford anything crazy right now.

If you guys could weigh in on the tweeter performance of the PCE's specifically, and let me know whether the crossover allows you to tune down the tweeters and take the edge off. I imagine pointing them away from my eardrums might help as well, but I have no clue how that is done and will leave that to my install guy.

THANKS A LOT GUYS!!!. I got 4 blown woofers at the moment, and a week from today, I am going on a combined 15 hour road trip to Montreal, and without a solid system (or at the very least, a working one), I will probably lose my **** big time!

FoxPro5 is offline Causal wanderer

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: MB Quart PCE's: tweeters too shrill?

You can atenuate the tweet -6dB on the passive I believe. Those are awesome speakers and tweeters OFF AXIS - don't point them straight at your head!! INSTALL, INSTALL, INSTALL...did I mention install??

TEAM Front Fill

The Fox audiomobile now sounds more quality thanks to SDS power.

The most expensive solution is the one that doesn't do the job correctly. ~ Me

Closed Thread