Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Opinions on Boston Acoustics SX65?

whatupyo02 is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Opinions on Boston Acoustics SX65?

Was thinking about buying these for my rear speakers, any opinion on the company or the specific speakers?

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Opinions on Boston Acoustics SX65?

I've heard the whole Boston lineup at my local shop. The SX60's sound good, but for $145 you can get some SL60's from ebay, which is a step up, and in my opinion, a better sounding set. With the SL60's you have seperate passive units for tweet and mids.

SL60's
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=9742630745
    SX60's
    http://cgi.ebay.com/BOSTON-ACOUSTICS...QQcmdZViewItem

I would go with the SL60's as they are a step up from the SX line, and they have a really nice warm sound. I'm sure others on this forum could recommend some other reputable brands for around the $130 or less that would sound great and be perfect for rear fill like MB Quarts, Infinitys, etc. I liked the SL's so much, ima put them in my front stage and move my CDT CL-61's to the back.

As a company, Boston has always been up there when it comes to quality and performance. Their Pro and Z lines are considered excellent sets, and hold their own compared to even more exotic brands like high level Rainbows, Seas, Oz, Dynaudio, etc. I would really only consider these however if your wanting to brush up on your frontstage.

In a nutshell, your prob not gona wanna spend too much on rear fill, but Boston is a great company with years of experience in the industry providing excellent products. Even their more budget sets mentioned above should not disapoint.

03'CivicEx (5spd)
    Premier 880PRS
    Rainbow SLC6.5 (front)
    Boston SL60 mids (rear)
    2X PG RSD 12'
    Rockford Power 851X 4chan
    Concept CD-2410 Mono

Closed Thread