Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

MB Quart's Mids popping?

I've been trying to dial in my system and am running into a problem with my MB Quart P-series 5.25" in the front. They are in Q-logic kicks w/ polyfill. I can't seem to cross them over any lower than 150 hz on the hpf or they start to pop at high volumes . I just know they would sound so much better if crossed over lower. They are running on a Crossfire amp at 75 watts. I used a preamp crossover w/ an 18db slope as well as the crossover on the amp with a 12db slope and the outcome is the same. I see that so many of you crossover your comp's so much lower without problems. Is there something I'm doing wrong? Thanks.
    - Justin

Gary S is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Re: MB Quart's Mids popping?

They need to be enclosed. Make enclosed kick panels. or, you could try using metra universal speaker baffles, but I don't know if they would fit. ck-4300 You would have to reinforce the bottom. It would be cheap to try though.

Also, you would have to anchor the entire kick panel/adapter for best results, and line the inside of the adapter with 1" foam if possible. Installation is the number one rule of car audio.

Closed Thread

User Tag List